[Intel vs AMD]

Villi

Veteran-5
So its about the time for me to update my proc and mobo

hence the age old question (at least for me) Intel or AMD?

im looking at the Intel's i5 vs AMD's Phenom II X4

so far i have read that the i5 is a decent bit faster than the phenom buuuuttt the phenom is like ridiculously cheaper

so im leaning towards phenom

anyone have either of these chips/have any comments that would sway me one way or the other?

i have an i5 running on an asus p7p55d deluxe mobo with 8 gigs of ram with win 7 ultimate 64. it's fast and stable as can be. i dont miss any of my previous 4 amd systems i had over the years running nforce boards and such. i have never had to dick around once with this thing to get something to work unlike my old amd shit which was always tweak this and update that.

i do have a radeon hd5770 and i'm reasonably happy with that for the money i paid but i wont be going back to amd cpu's any time soon.

i have an i5 running on an asus p7p55d deluxe mobo with 8 gigs of ram with win 7 ultimate 64. it's fast and stable as can be. i dont miss any of my previous 4 amd systems i had over the years running nforce boards and such. i have never had to dick around once with this thing to get something to work unlike my old amd shit which was always tweak this and update that.
you're really bad at computers is all i got from this post.

I buy AMD purely because they are much better value for money and any real world performance differences are so minor that they make no appreciable difference to my computing experience.

I've never had to update bios or even mobo drivers to get things to work - buy a good quality mobo and you won't have any issues.

If you have the cash it is pretty hard to make an argument against the i5/i7 unless you are limited to on-board graphics only (which should really have no bearing on a desktop).

Yea I think right now if you have money the intel CPUs are quite great, but value wise AMD is still awesome. Intel will probably run cooler than AMD, and their chips are always going to be a bit ahead in terms of transistor count or size.

If you're willing to spend the money for amazing performance, go with an Intel+nvidia combo. If you'd rather sacrifice some performace to save some money, go with AMD.

I buy AMD purely because they are much better value for money and any real world performance differences are so minor that they make no appreciable difference to my computing experience.

I've never had to update bios or even mobo drivers to get things to work - buy a good quality mobo and you won't have any issues.

This.

Also, this:

average.png

I've had 2 hours of sleep, so figure out wtf that chart means.
Figure out which 2 are the closest in performance.
Now compare prices of the comparable hardware.

amd_vs_intel_2.jpg

Good day, sir.

Back