Incorporating a business [Taxes]

perro

Veteran XV
I've been going through the process of incorporating a business in Texas and I'm trying to get my sales tax permit, but I'm stuck. The form is asking for a "State/Country Registration Number", but I can't find any such number on anything I've gotten back from the state or the feds.

I've filed and received back:
-EIN
-articles of incorporation

As a corporation, everything I've read says I don't need to file a DBA since the name of the corporation is registered with the state. The only number they have given me is a file number, which is asked for in a different field from the registration number. I have googled the shit out of it and can't find anything. Am I missing a step somewhere or what? Where the fuck is the registration number even supposed to be listed?

um, i imagine it's completely different in the states than canada but the first thing that came to my mind was the business number... but seriously why don't you just call them on monday and get the answer in like 30 seconds?

Yeah I'm really not sure why you'd incorporate. Are you trying to raise funds in the company?

Almost 99% of the time an LLC is the best solution. Power of partnership without the risk.

If you plan to have more members than fine, that's good. However if you were doing it as a sole owner, you should have done an LLC.

its countRy. at first I thought it was county and figured I just hadn't registered with the county yet and needed to do that tomorrow, but it definitely says countRy. that's why I'm so confused...

typo maybe?

how in the world would you recommend an llc over an s-corp when you know absolutely nothing about the business or it's owners?

because they're basically trolling. The S-corp is the way to go for my particular business. The question I have is entirely unrelated to "how to choose a business type"...

yeah LLC is usually the best and you made it sound like you were the only person in the company.

502 is specifically for:

The organization named below is authorized to do business in Texas as a bank, trust company, savings association, or insurance company, or is a foreign filing entity not registered to do business in Texas, and submits this application to register its name under sections 5.151 to 5.152 of the Texas Business Organizations Code.

I'm not starting a bank, and my business is a texas business...

Back