Impulse & Open Beta

Equaknox

Veteran X
What type of pub rules would you guys like to enforce? No raping till 8v8? No camp O sniping? I had multiple people ever say to make it a locked box, and give the pw out by word.
I just want to collect some ideas to make a better game. I plan on handing out more admin to keep the server clean..etc

Equaknox said:
What type of pub rules would you guys like to enforce? No raping till 8v8? No camp O sniping? I had multiple people ever say to make it a locked box, and give the pw out by word.
I just want to collect some ideas to make a better game. I plan on handing out more admin to keep the server clean..etc
If you get more than 4 people in that server after open beta drops, i'd be shocked.

No raping till' 8v8, there's really no other rules required. O-sniping could get gay but I really haven't seen much of it in beta so far. If it becomes a real problem/annoyance then outlaw it as well. As for the password, I wouldn't care either way. A password would keep it hardcore vets only, but no pass would keep the player count up and there should be enough admins to take care of newbs being stupid.

fuck artifical rules...

EDIT:

Extrapolation:

The "no using X weapon" or no "Rape" stuff is total bullshit and you all know it.

Example.. its 4v4... if you send 2 to rape... now i have 2 O and 2 D against your 2 or 1 D (you sent to HO/MO/LO to rape)

gj now you are a cap down.

O sniping should not be an issue since it is ammo based.

so again fuck artifical rules.. I hated it in T1/T2.. I am not going to follow the "soft word mod" bullshit anymore. Whats fair in comp is fair in pub.

Last edited:
Killjoy- said:
fuck artifical rules...

EDIT:

Extrapolation:

The "no using X weapon" or no "Rape" stuff is total bullshit and you all know it.

Example.. its 4v4... if you send 2 to rape... now i have 2 O and 2 D against your 2 or 1 D (you sent to HO/MO/LO to rape)

gj now you are a cap down.

O sniping should not be an issue since it is ammo based.

so again fuck artifical rules.. I hated it in T1/T2.. I am not going to follow the "soft word mod" bullshit anymore. Whats fair in comp is fair in pub.
lol good luck playing on any popular main played servers then bro with that attitude :bigthumb:

Equaknox said:

Well, id say lock it. Not like a selective lock or anything, just to keep the CS masses out and the community (that being tw) in. Id say rape @ 6v6, this is a smaller, tighter game. Osniping probably shouldn't be kickable unless its blatant and constant.. Other than that, I can't think of much.

I don't think that there should be any real artificial rules either.
I think it's better for the server to just mod in any restrictions that would prevent these supposed "rules" from being broken in the first place.

For example;
- Prevent base assets from being destroyed if the teams have less than eight players each.
- Set up volumes of immunity against Sniper Rifle fire.

Seriously KillJoy that is just dumb.

I'll see how popular it becomes, and if the majority of the community likes it then I might pass it. The chances of that are slim, due to the ammout of admins i'll have.

Im not looking for a "vets only" pub, but something that will keep the idiots out.

Back