I'm going to take adult ice skating classes tomorrow

El Mariachi

Veteran XV
Think I'll need gloves and a sweater?

Jeans are just fine, right?

its not like i'm taking a chick out to sushi or anything for the first one night stand of my life at 35, just sayin.

I would probably wear something really warm. You are going to be on a block of ice. Think thermal underwear, a sweater, and probably something for your head.

Layer up or get frigid. You will be in sub freezing temperatures.

i ice skated for the first time this past monday at the tender age of 20

just go out there with some friends (make sure one is a girl) and have fun awkwardly trying to do something that kids are kicking your ass at. be sure to be a pro and wear a tshirt or else it looks like you're taking your failure too seriously. of course the air temp was 40 at the rink I went to in addition to direct sunlight. maybe have a pabst in one hand

If its your first time skating you are going to be concentrating so hard on balancing that you won't notice anything else.

Ya it's not that cold in an ice rink; might want gloves if you're going to fall. If you can roller/inline skate you'll have no problems. I grew up roller skating, and the few times I went ice skating it wasn't bad at all... just learn to skid stop sideways and you're a pro. 'Course I'm coordinated and surf... unlike the dweebs here on this forum.

Those people telling you not to wear layers are trying to get you out there unprepared for how cold that block of ice gets.

LAYERS. LAYERS. LAYERS. LAYERS. LAYERS. LAYERS. LAYERS.

You might want some gloves, if only to protect your hands when you fall on your face.

Back