I'm all jacked up on Mountain Dew! and...

Plasmatic

Contributor
Veteran XX
and steroids.

For the poison ivy.

:ugh:

I got into it a week ago moving wood from a friends place he just sold

Or last Thursday pulling a beauty of a trailer out of the pine trees

Let's hear your expert advice on how to get rid of this shit.

I seem to be hyper sensitive to the crap.

I've learned not to scratch ANYTHING if there's even a remote chance of urushiol contact. If there's a chance I've been in contact I start with a cold shower and dawn soap anywhere it may be, then warm water and regular soap. Clothes, gloves, hats etc all goes immediately into the washer, boots get washed off with dawn soap

Bear in mind I haven't scratched this at all. My arms don't touch my desk or armrest when driving. I'm very aware of where my arms are so I don't brush against anything that will set off the itching.

Sunday:
hliEcvr.jpg

Monday:
OCVVWXM.jpg

Tuesday:
4JHhYAB.jpg

Today:
gdRCizI.jpg

You have phone app to talk to your doc? Send them a quick message and a pic. They can usually prescribe good shit for easy ones like this...or just tell you to take Benadryl and use some kind of lotion.....local pharmacy should stock something to help reduce itch and swelling.

I've had poison oak twice. Was an issue at my grandparents house on the Fox river. The itching and discomfort was brutal. Grandma would give me Benedryl and soak in in a tub with Calamine lotion.

Doesn't look that bad tbh
Last year my 5 year old got into a bush her face swelled up like a fuckin balloon, she could barely see

Last year my 5 year old got into a bush her face swelled up like a fuckin balloon, she could barely see
Face is the worst along with hands. Worked a phone tech support job back in 99 and the blistering was between my fingers. By end of day I was bleeding all over the keyboard so boss sent me home and threw my keyboard in the garbage.

Oh and to make it a more interesting TW-WORTHY story check this

I take the kid to a local walk-in because it's Sunday and my doctor isnt around. I tell my wife it's a waste of time and the doctors at the walk-in are worthless refugees from Africa. She insists. I go. I tell the doctor what happened and he looks at me and asks "what is poison ivy"

My aunt from Milwaukee inhaled it - they were pulling vines off a fence - and ended up in the hospital. Face and hands covered also.

I went to a walk in clinic Sunday before visiting my mom in the nursing home. Took the first dose there in the parking lot before seeing her.

I know from experience without steroids I would have this shit for 2 months and they would be quarter sized blisters everywhere before it was done.
No thank you.

Not pictured: On my upper thigh where the oil transferred from my arm when I was taking a shit, my other arm, on my neck and temples. luckily I was wearing gloves and didn't get any in my eyes or hands. I've also got a will of  rusty  steel, and have learned not to scratch.

Hot shower will deplete the histamine in your skin and provide itch relief for many hours.

One of my younger brothers is allergic as all hell to poison oak. Me? I can frolic buck-ass-naked in it and be fine. Once my grandpa found out about this, I became the new poison oak wrangler on his property. Goooo me!

One of my younger brothers is allergic as all hell to poison oak. Me? I can frolic buck-ass-naked in it and be fine. Once my grandpa found out about this, I became the new poison oak wrangler on his property. Goooo me!
Yeah, about 15% of the population doesn't react to it.

I can't seem to find the study, but the gene responsible for allergic reactions to it was recently identified. The spliced it into rabbits and gave them a rash.

:scared:

I'll find pictures of the last time I had it and thought I didn't need steroids. Shit was epic.

we were planting our 100 clones like we did every spring and ripped out a bunch of native plants, one of which must have been poison ivy

one buddy left on a euro trip the next day

some sketchy like bratislavan doctor thought he had 'scabies' which is like some kind of bug that lays eggs in your skin

he called me all panicked lol gg

Back