if you had $1,500...

I use TD Waterhouse, very helpful staff but ridiculously priced, there pricing scheme frowns on Daytraders(which I am not so doesn't matter to me).

Service = *****
Attention to details = ****
Knowledgeable Staff = *****
Price = **

a) get a broker b) start studying any company you decide to invest in like from start to finish. If you are planning on playing with stocks right now. I would honestly just drop it in a mutual fund if you want to play that route as your money get spread throughout multiple companies. Still that is a low amount of money to invest bro if you are looking for a quick gain without risk. Prolly be better off getting one of those learn to gamble books and heading to vegas or something than stock market right now ;p

or you can bend time to your will to find out which stocks will do good

$1500.. why even bother?

I'd spend it all on spirits and other fine alcohol..

anyone remember that old dos based stockmarket game? You could like, risk insider trading and other shit. Was simple and fun, no pretty graphics, just gave you some news article for each "day" then you'd buy/sell stuff and then the next "day" would come. :memories: *sniff* I miss my old Tandy :mecry:

If you want to talk about a risky stock United Airlines(UAL) is just that. They could liquidate and leave you with nothing or, if the company recovers, the shares could launch upwards.

No, 1500 isn't alot to invest, but it is all I am willing to 'gamble' with. It is all the money I am willing to run the risk of losing, I fully understand that by 'investing' I am putting my money at risk, and almost certainly losing immediate access to that money. I am not looking to get rich from my enourmous 1500, I am looking to learn a few valuable lessons from it.

Many have contributed valuable information, many have upped their post counts without adding anything to this thread, but you have bumped it, so thx to both of the parties.

NoGodForMe said:
A CD.
Maybe Gold if you learn how to buy it. I'm sure there's a broker involved when you get into the pure stuff. $1500 would probably get you 1 coin. Gold is moving up since the stock market is in the tank, and interest rates are also low.

What the shit this isnt 1847

Easy way to find a local stock broker...

Yellow pages? :/

Online trading better? How is trading broken down? charged per trade? per stock?

Depends on site. Go with a well known firm to look for a broker Chase-Morgan, Franklin-Templeton etc. Broker's don't neccessarily need to be local.

Phantred said:
No, 1500 isn't alot to invest, but it is all I am willing to 'gamble' with. It is all the money I am willing to run the risk of losing, I fully understand that by 'investing' I am putting my money at risk, and almost certainly losing immediate access to that money. I am not looking to get rich from my enourmous 1500, I am looking to learn a few valuable lessons from it.

Many have contributed valuable information, many have upped their post counts without adding anything to this thread, but you have bumped it, so thx to both of the parties.

Well you have already won half the battle, you are willing to lose. That is good.

Assess how much risk of losing you are willing to accept and invest accordingly. If you are youngish(hence the age question) you have a whole lifetime to recoup that 1500 if you did lose it.

Your age determines alot when it comes to risk factor. I am 30 and felt I could lose 10000( so I have invested in tech stocks in the Stock Market.)

Many say the tech stocks, and SM in general are in the tank, but I see it as an opportunity to invest in alot of undervalued companies.

NoGodForMe said:
A CD.
Maybe Gold if you learn how to buy it. I'm sure there's a broker involved when you get into the pure stuff. $1500 would probably get you 1 coin. Gold is moving up since the stock market is in the tank, and interest rates are also low.
You sir are dumb. You don't need a broker to trade in precious metals. Just go to your local coin shop, or hop on E-Bay. You can track precious metal movement using sites such as Kitco.com.

$1600 buys two 1oz platinum coins, and one 1oz gold coin at current rates...

Phantred said:
Easy way to find a local stock broker...

Yellow pages? :/

Online trading better? How is trading broken down? charged per trade? per stock?
If you want a local broker, DO NOT use the yellow pages. Talk to people, ask friends, accoutants who they use. Do not be afraid to ask about their track record.

Online trading will be the cheapest, but you're on your own mostly that way.

Back