If you are losing faith in God

Losing your faith in the Lord happens to even the most devout Christians. We have faith in God and love for him when all is well and the future seems bright. But what happens when crisis strikes?

When roadblocks seem to be in our path we have a tendency to lose a little bit of faith in the Lord, but fear not, this is merely a test and way for you to truly know what God is!

Though you should not totally disregard your problems, know that even in the darkest of times, if you continually praise the Lord and have faith in him, eventually your problem will be solved and after the crisis your faith in the Lord will be strengthened.

If you are feeling down and have problems in your path, I recommend you take a look at the story of Job. Inside tells a story of a righteous man who was tested to his brink, and even though he had lost almost everything and his friends advised him to turn from God, he did not, and afterwards he had a truer realization of his connection with God and he was rewarded accordingly.

Though very few of our roadblocks are Job like proportions, we should nonetheless strive to be righteous in the Lord like he was.

---
The reason I mention this is because recently roadblocks where in my path, and though initially I was filled with worry and anxiety, faith in the Lord is what eventually gave me the strength to persevere.

So if I believe my imaginary friend will take care of everything, I'll be less stressed and worried?

sipher you're to dumb for this forum and we're too intelligent for you. you wont accomplish anything with us. you're like a litte kid telling einstein about sky fairies (stars).

Last edited:
This is an interesting passage in Luke concerning prayer, and is relevant to the topic at hand.

1 And while He was in a certain place praying, when He ceased, a certain one of His disciples said to Him, Lord, teach us to pray, even as John also taught his disciples.

2 And He said to them, aWhen you 1pray, say, 2bFather, Your name be csanctified; Your dkingdom come.

3 Give us each day our daily abread.

4 And aforgive us our sins, for we also forgive everyone bindebted to us. And do not bring us into ctemptation.

5 And He said to them, Who among you will have a friend and will go to him at midnight and say to him, Friend, lend me three loaves,

6 Since a friend of mine has come to me from a journey and I have nothing to set before him;

7 And that one, from inside, will answer and say, Do not trouble me; the door is already shut and my children are with me in bed; I cannot rise up and give you anything?

8 I say to you, Even though he will not rise up and give him anything because he is his friend, surely because of his shameless persistence he will rise and give him what he needs.

9 1aAnd I say to you, bAsk and it shall be given to you; cseek and you shall find; knock and it shall be opened to you.

10 For everyone who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it shall be opened.

11 But what father among you 1whose son shall ask for a fish will instead of a fish hand him a snake?

12 Or if he shall also ask for an egg will hand him a scorpion?

13 If you then being aevil know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will the Father who is from heaven give the 1bHoly Spirit to those who 2ask Him!

In our prayers to the Lord, we must be shamelessly persistent with our prayers, bringing the issue up several times a day.

Just as how you ask your friends for a big favor such as borrowing their car for a few days or crashing at their place.

We also be persistant in regards to our troubles and concerns.

Back