If Red Hot Chili Peppers is one of your favorite bands...

Zombee said:
RHCP is good, but better when Navarro was with them.

Most RHCP fans would disagree with you there. Besides he only released one album with the band, which personally would rank as one of my least favorite RHCP albums. Navarro worked out well in jane's addiction, but his style just seemed out of place in RHCP. Frusciante just gels so much better with the band.

Actually, I'd take anything from Jane's over that one album of RHCP that he played on, so you guys have a good point. His new band, The Panic Channel sounds like it's going to be good.

RHCP is one of my favorites

I also really enjoy:

Foo Fighters
Nine Inch Nails
Radiohead
Muse
Green Day
Nirvana
White Stripes
Audioslave
Stone Temple Pilots
Sound Garden
Smashing Pumpkins
Offspring
Sublime
U2
Blur
No Doubt
Garbage
A Perfect Circle
Cake

although those are all pretty mainstream and most of those dont sound anything like rhcp ;]

i've seen RHCP 4 times: once with hillel slovak (had more of a fun, funky punk sound), 2 with frusciante, and 1 with navarro. frusciante is really the only way my mind will think of rhcp when they're brought up in conversation. i highly recommend getting some liverecordings of frusciante/flea jammin to "if you have to ask". if you do, tell me what you think. :)

Mr.Beverage said:
RHCP is one of my favorites

I also really enjoy:

Foo Fighters
Nine Inch Nails
Radiohead
Muse
Green Day
Nirvana
White Stripes
Audioslave
Stone Temple Pilots
Sound Garden
Smashing Pumpkins
Offspring
Sublime
U2
Blur
No Doubt
Garbage
A Perfect Circle
Cake

although those are all pretty mainstream and most of those dont sound anything like rhcp ;]
do you live in OC?

Based on your actual profile, gnod suggests you to listen to this band (if you don't already know it)

Nirvana

wtf.. come on you didnt have to give me the most obvious band ever in teh world.

and Mr. Beverage, nice, Cake is my favorite band.

Ween
Beatles
Beck
Pink Floyd
Led Zeppelin
Frank Ferdinand
White Stripes
Jeff Buckley

(^^ to name only a few)

All are barely anything like RHCP... I have such broad taste, and I am now realizing that I tend to know only a few songs of the bands I like (with a good deal of exceptions). Life will give me time to expand on all ;)

Curious_George said:
Most RHCP fans would disagree with you there. Besides he only released one album with the band, which personally would rank as one of my least favorite RHCP albums. Navarro worked out well in jane's addiction, but his style just seemed out of place in RHCP. Frusciante just gels so much better with the band.
Agreed. No doubt that Navarro is a sick guitarist, he even meshed well with the band musically over all. I think Frusciante just has the feel to reciprocate the rest of the band.

in2thehurricane said:
try, the mars volta...new CD coming out march 1st too.
i downloaded some of their shit and i honestly thought it was the most god awful crap i've ever heard.

wow gobd, you are fucking awesome

thanks man

that site is bad ass

g. love - special sauce (a song a just dicovered, pretty sweet) :)

Back