If Colin Powell were running for President

john kerry and george bush are getting married

dubya.jpg
johnkerry.jpg

Polarbear said:
Would you vote for him instead of Bush and Kerry?
Yes, by far. But he has stated he will never run. The risk he takes on himself and his family because he's an afro american would be too great.

Adroit said:
Yes, by far. But he has stated he will never run. The risk he takes on himself and his family because he's an afro american would be too great.
That fucking sucks. I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

There you go, Powell / Schwarzenegger in 2008

Wouldn't happen though. Powell / McCain or someone else.

Last edited:
Adroit said:

He's said he won't run? Hmm.. that's either a pity that he won't, or a good way to convince people you're not overly ambitious and be "forced" into it, "doing the best you can".

Because I'd have to agree.. I think he'd make an excellent president. Seems very intelligent, well spoken, has great presence, along with that big military record you guys seem to find so important sometimes.. with the rank he's had, he'd not only be used to giving orders and being accountable for the results, but also to listen to the advice of those under him. I think he'd do really well.

It would be easy for Powell to come back and say that circumstances have changed and he believes that he could now serve the country and get away with it. I was just wondering if there are other people like me who would like a person with a strong moral compass and the appropriate experience to run. Someone better than the existing choices.

Excel said:
... is that with the rope, or the candlestick?
Might have to warm up the cold bitch, I'd go with the candlestick. Point being that after B finally goes into H after years of not doing so she might get all this silly I'm a New Yorker crap out of her head.

Back