IE working, Google Chrome not

Thumper

Veteran X
Any idea what would cause this?

I was out of town for a week on vacation, computer was off. Return home today, fire up computer and chrome wont load any pages. IE works fine. I uninstalled and reinstalled and still no worky.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

This started to sound like an issue I was having, but it's not that severe. Somtimes Chrome just stops loading pages, but xing out and loading back up fixes it.

IE ate chrome, good game.

its weird, it was working before I left last saturday, shut it down, fire it up and now its not.

I cant get any pages to load, I keep getting "blank page is failing to respond" or something like that...

Oh well.

Chrome auto-updates without notifying you, so its possible the latest release is broken for your config.

hmmm. Its XP pro SP3 that I 'bought' in 2003 and have been running on this computer ever since.

not sure what drivers to update and the proxy is the same as always, its set to automatically detect everything.

I have games that will play sometimes, sometimes not.

BFBC2 and crysis will occasionally load. If they dont and I restart they will.

annoying, and I dont know why this happens.

Chrome had an update a couple weeks ago that went backward, to the 1990s. I had to stop using it on a regular basis.

kperry.jpg

obvious troll considering there isnt a single alternative that comes close to chrome.

Ive never encountered issues where chrome just, "stops working" , sounds like user error to me.

my chrome works just as well since the most recent update. dont spread nasty rumors.

How and Why Chrome Is Overtaking Firefox Among Power Users btw

Chrome is getting better, but it's still not quite there for me to jump ship. There is one thing that I really want to be instated into Chrome that they have yet to do... What is it? The ability to remove your fucking history. I know there are "private tabs" or whatever the fuck you want to call them, but that is a pain in the ass. Either make all browsing private or add the ability to not retain/delete/etc history.

I've tried Chrome 3 times and I still have it installed, but I never use it. I always go back to Firefox.

Chrome is getting better, but it's still not quite there for me to jump ship. There is one thing that I really want to be instated into Chrome that they have yet to do... What is it? The ability to remove your fucking history. I know there are "private tabs" or whatever the fuck you want to call them, but that is a pain in the ass. Either make all browsing private or add the ability to not retain/delete/etc history.

You can clear history, even back a certain period of time through the wrench and tool. There used to be private browsing, I don't know where it went to, I've used it before though :(

you can

tools/options/delete history

to the other poster, im not sure how it could be user error since it worked before I left, no one touched my computer and today it doesn't.

hmmmm

I just opened it up again and it's changed drastically. You can clear data... Hmm. There isn't an option to clear history on exit; or at least I can't find it.

And the private stuff changed to incognito windows. It's in the latest version of Chrome.

maybe this is why im having issues do to a shitty update.

You can clear history but you have to do it manually. I haven't found an auto delete like in IE yet.

Back