I won a free copy of Vista Ultimate.

Microsoft said:
Dear Terry,

We would like to take a moment to thank you for your contribution to Microsoft Windows Vista. Quite simply, it would not be the product it is today without your time, dedication and thoughtful feedback. You should be proud to have helped us develop the highest quality, most secure and most reliable Windows to date. To say "thank you" we would like to provide you with a complimentary copy of Windows Vista for your use.

<3 free stuff.

is this one that i can "buy", which has all of the windows vista versions in it, the one that is going to be sold in an actual store? i really like the glass effect

It's nicer, runs smoother, and doesn't try to screw you if you have a dual core processor. It also has all the drivers you need built in.
Wow your retardation is unparalleled.

It's nicer looking yes, but it's obviously more of a memory hog. I fail to see how XP screws me with my Opteron 180? You just have to install the AMD dual core drivers in order to take full advantage of the chip.

It only has recent drivers because it's a recent OS. Likewise, why the hell would you use a driver written by MS? :lol: Give it 6 months and the drivers it uses natively will be obsolete or the OS won't have the propper ones for specific kinds of hardware that are recently released. Just like every other Windows OS ever!
(not that this is a problem, because you're retarded if you're using MS native drivers anyways)

Put it this way for those who want to know, the RC2 and RTM (retail) of Vista run nice on my wifes XP 2800+ CPU with 1GB of RAM and a 9600 Pro, but XP still runs better/faster.

However, on my system... Opteron 180, 2GB of RAM, and a GeForce 7900GT it runs perfectly fine at no noticeable speed increases or decreases compared to XP. So basically the only advantage thus far, is having DX10 support on the OS...

lol micro$oft lol meber i am ha><><00r

Why would you not install it are you going to keep using xp or 2k for the next five years like all those sad cases who insist that 98 or me is still an awsome choice of os

cuz there are ups and downs to using it at the moment you fucking halfwit

how does me downloading a torrent make me a "ha><or" anyway moron

I was seriously going to go legit on Vista Ultimate, but this makes me sad.. VERY sad.

http://www.maximumpc.com/2006/10/microsofts_lice.html

Most hardcore gamers or Hardware geeks change out components every 6-9 months sometimes. I change out hardware twice, and I must rebuy a new copy of Vista? Rape me in the ass. This is going to have serious reprocussions with the upgrade crowd. How exactly can Microsoft state they are going to start marketing toward the gaming crowd, and turn around and fuck them hardcore just because they can. I'm with the editor on this one. Somthings got to change on this issue.

EDIT just did another check in another discussion thread.. apparently they allready changed the wordng and lightend up a bit after only a few days of the original change.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/windows...rticleID/94117/windowspaulthurrott_94117.html

Looks like you can install it indefinatly on other machines as long as its removed from the old machines. That didn't take long. The upgrade community has spoken!

Last edited:
It's nicer looking yes, but it's obviously more of a memory hog.
Since I have 2 gigs of DDR2 ram, I fail to see how this is a problem. However, by default, windows takes about 100megs of ram total. It's not a huge deal.

I fail to see how XP screws me with my Opteron 180? You just have to install the AMD dual core drivers in order to take full advantage of the chip.
I have an intel core2 duo. However, the default ms drivers don't work very well, however, the vista ones do.

It only has recent drivers because it's a recent OS. Likewise, why the hell would you use a driver written by MS?
Tons of people do, if it works, use it. A lot of people don't go and get drivers for their cdrom, or for their IDE bridges, they use the microsoft ones.

Give it 6 months and the drivers it uses natively will be obsolete or the OS won't have the proper ones for specific kinds of hardware that are recently released. Just like every other Windows OS ever!
Not a big deal, when that time comes, then you can get them, however, all recent hardware is covered, and that is fine with me.

(not that this is a problem, because you're retarded if you're using MS native drivers anyways)
Why again? I understand Sound and video, and TV-Capture, but chipset drivers tend to work fine for the most part.

However, on my system... Opteron 180, 2GB of RAM, and a GeForce 7900GT it runs perfectly fine at no noticeable speed increases or decreases compared to XP. So basically the only advantage thus far, is having DX10 support on the OS...

So you argued with me on your opinion. I like the looks, I personally think it's more polished, and has some nicer security features than XP. I also like the permissions options, they give you quite a bit more control than XP does.

I was seriously going to go legit on Vista Ultimate, but this makes me sad.. VERY sad.

http://www.maximumpc.com/2006/10/microsofts_lice.html

Most hardcore gamers or Hardware geeks change out components every 6-9 months sometimes. I change out hardware twice, and I must rebuy a new copy of Vista? Rape me in the ass. This is going to have serious reprocussions with the upgrade crowd. How exactly can Microsoft state they are going to start marketing toward the gaming crowd, and turn around and fuck them hardcore just because they can. I'm with the editor on this one. Somthings got to change on this issue.

Thats a bit old, they changed that a while a go. The new license says you can transfer the license as many times as you wish. :)

whats the min. and req memory requirments for ultimate?

i thought no one read EULAs too, according to the WoW nerds

It can be ran on a celeron 1.5ghz with 512megs of ram. So it's not a huge hog.

edit* According to the inquirer:

The low end one will need a speed of at least 800MHz, 512MB of system memory and a graphics processor that is DirectX 9 capable. The Aero ready one will need a 1GHz 32-bit or 64-bit processor, 1GB of system memory, 128MB of graphics memory, 40GB of hard drive capacity with 15GB free space, a DVD-ROM drive, audio output capabilities and Internet access.

MS's customer service is really 'lax. You could probobly call them up with some cracked serial # and get a vaild one from the customer service rep.

At least, thats what I managed to do with XP yesterday. WOO, "Genuine"!

It's nicer looking yes, but it's obviously more of a memory hog.

You are aware that Aero Glass is Hardware Rendered and not Software Rendered? So the actual windows interface itself is "less" of a memory hog. If your using the standard interface or Basic then you may have a point....but why would anyone want to?

Back