I want to lease a scion TC, anyone doing it?

Fonix

Veteran X
My car is absolutly crapping out on me and to make things better, two days ago I got hit & run and now my bumper is barely hanging on and the front panel is going to need replacement, I just want to get a new car. My friend got a scion TC about 6 months ago and I just love the car, its slick, solid, cheap, good on gas, and reliable, which is exactly what I need cause I do lots of highway driving . Now I want to lease one and I was wondering what the current lease plans are for these with a 3 year lease. I'm going to trade in my current car, and am hoping to get about 2-3 grand for it (96 jetta GL, 125k miles) which would be my down payment. So I was wondering if anyone here is leasing them and what kind of payments I could be expecting with about a 2 grand down payment and 36 month lease. I've never leased a car before so If anyone has any 'watch out for this' etc type of info for me about this it would be appreciated.

Well I know at the end of the lease you literally have nothing; but the thing is I been buying my cars for under $5k cash cause thats how I was brought up to do it, but now I'm realizing that with the cards I been getting, in the end I have nothing, the cars have all been just about worthless and the money I pay over the course of a year could have paid for the lease

I hope you're short

otherwise your head will hit the ceiling everytime you hit a speed bump (mine did during the test drive)

Fonix said:
I'm going to trade in my current car, and am hoping to get about 2-3 grand for it (96 jetta GL, 125k miles) which would be my down payment.

You're gonna trade in a 9-year-old car that was nothing special to begin with? Here's what will happen.

First, the salesman will laugh at you. A sad laugh, like you're an idealistic child who's making a mistake and are about to receive a hard and embittering lesson about how the world really works, but one that he won't stand in the way of.

Then, another guy will come out and look at your car. He'll express his disapproval at every nick and ding, the condition of the interior. There will be something wrong with the engine. It'll need new tires, new brakes, etc. The mileage is too high. It hasn't been properly cared for.

The salesman will go into his office and come back with a polished wooden case, which he will open to reveal a seventeen-inch spiked brass dildo with two-handed grip.

Then, he will fuck you in the ass with it.

At least, this is my understanding.

I get the same thing everytime I'm next to one at the line in my turbo'd Mazda6i - but only when my wife is with me, so I can't race.

Fonix said:
My car is absolutly crapping out on me and to make things better, two days ago I got hit & run and now my bumper is barely hanging on and the front panel is going to need replacement, I just want to get a new car. My friend got a scion TC about 6 months ago and I just love the car, its slick, solid, cheap, good on gas, and reliable, which is exactly what I need cause I do lots of highway driving . Now I want to lease one and I was wondering what the current lease plans are for these with a 3 year lease. I'm going to trade in my current car, and am hoping to get about 2-3 grand for it (96 jetta GL, 125k miles) which would be my down payment. So I was wondering if anyone here is leasing them and what kind of payments I could be expecting with about a 2 grand down payment and 36 month lease. I've never leased a car before so If anyone has any 'watch out for this' etc type of info for me about this it would be appreciated.

You'll be lucky to get $1k on a trade-in for that car in that condition.

JDizzle4Rizzle said:
I get the same thing everytime I'm next to one at the line in my turbo'd Mazda6i - but only when my wife is with me, so I can't race.

there is do and do not, there is no can.
Spoiler

im about 5' 10'', my friend has one, the front was plenty roomy for me, its just the back seat that hits the rear windsheild when he hits a bump... but why would I care, I'm not riding in the back seat. I know I like the car, and I dont think its a speed demon by any means, and I dont need to race other people that have altezza tails on their cars just to boost my ego. I need a no thrills, reliable, cheap car.... I need a toyota

save the money you'd put into the car

buy a late 80s Honda CRX with tons of miles for ultra cheap (1 - 3k) and enjoy your 56 miles to the gallon

if you like the tC you could deal with an old Honda

cars are an extremely shitty investment, and you may hate rolling in an old import, but you'll love being able to put a down payment on a house because instead of putting it towards a car that'll be dead in 6 years you invested it

Buy things that "Appreciate" (IE: Houses)

Lease things that "DEPPRECIATE" (CARS)

The only vehicle you can lease and pay VERY little for without paying a dime at the end of the term is a Honda.
Since your just paying for the depreciation its really cheap since hondas have the best residule value of any make. ever.

Well.. I dont need a house, I live in a dorm building, a new house wont get me from school to work, I just need a car, I know a bunch of people know about 10 year old 'secret gem' cars, but I need a new reliable car.

Fonix said:
Well.. I dont need a house, I live in a dorm building, a new house wont get me from school to work, I just need a car, I know a bunch of people know about 10 year old 'secret gem' cars, but I need a new reliable car.
keep the shitty car

get a motorcycle

Well actually the only other option I was really looking into was getting an older integra, it fits the kind of car I like, its reliable, and I just like them

Fonix said:
Well actually the only other option I was really looking into was getting an older integra, it fits the kind of car I like, its reliable, and I just like them
you know how much motorcycle you can get with $5k?

AND you'll get awesome mpg

and pick up chicks if you're not a huge douche

and die when he loses control at night

it's not rocket science fonix, I know you want something new that's eye catching but if you're a poor college student, your best best is an old beater

early 90s civics, camrys, corollas, prizms (GM corolla), accords, and proteges last FOREVER, can be had for cheap, and are the least expensive cars on the road to maintain

Back