I saw A Perfect Circle Last night.

Sabin Figaro

Veteran XV
What an incredible show. I saw Tool two summers ago and I though nothing could come close to the show they put on. APC was amazing to watch live.

The Outsider was by far the best song to hear live, the last chorus everyone went crazy. Pet was also a great, high-energy song, but The Vanishing really, really impressed me.

They played this song about a guy named Fred who had slacks. It was really funny, but still sounded really amazing with Maynard's voice. The only words were "Fred's got slacks. He wears them pretty tight. Fred's.... got.... slacks...."

Maynard was so much different with APC than he was with Tool. During the Tool concert he had no hair, his back was to the audience the whole time. Two songs into it he said "Welcome," then they just kept playing. Then he came forward on stage and said like four sentences about not being sheep and letting the government control you. Then he turned his back and kept playing.

With APC he was fairly talkative, and had longer hair and faced the audience, though he was still shrouded in the back.

Summary: APC is amazing. The Outsider is ridiculously cool to hear live, and Maynard is awesome.

I've always wanted to see APC live... damn you sir! Maynard talked a bit when I saw him live at the Tool show. Not a LOT, but more than what you talked about. And none of it had to do with sticking it to the man or anything.

Tool and APC both own :D

Ya when I saw Tool, he didn't say barely anything...

I was in awe of the bad-ass-ness of the whole show. APC was a different experience, but both were great in their own way.

Well I had shitty seats for the Tool show, whereas with APC I was about 30 feet from the stage. But a lot of APC's new stuff sounds awesome live, and I recommend you check them out again if they come around.

I saw APC live in July (their first show with any of their 13th step stuff other than their private show in LA), and they were incredible. The venue was tiny, and really intimate. It was the best non-Tool concert I've ever been to. Amazing.

I'm gonna try to go to their Dec 12th show in Nebraska, gonna take some planning though, with finals and all. Hmm.

Saby, you rock.

Funny. When I saw APC opening for NIN a few years ago, Maynard kept his back to the audience the whole time. Guess that's his gimmick. The only thing I remember him saying was how it was a crime that NIN didn't sell out the Hartford Civic Center.

APC was alright back then, but something about Maynards voice made the sound suck. Shitty acoustics or something.

I don't know that its a "gimmick" so much as Maynard just really isn't an outspoken person. A lot of frontmen actually go through acting classes and shit so that their persona on stage is amplified, to make them more 'fun'. I highly doubt Maynard ever played into that. Tool and APC is about the music, not about what the band wears or how they act on stage.

Just my thoughts :shrug:

PS :fu: for seeing them live :(

ive seen both apc and tool (tool 3 or 4 times) and while i like both bands alot neither have been in my top 5 fav concerts

Back