I need an alarm clock tw

Zephirum

Veteran XV
The display on my current clock dide, so I'm in the market for a new one. Battery-powered and plug-in are both fine. I don't want it to be obnoxiously big. No novelty clocks. And the real deal-breaker: NO GLOWING DISPLAYS. I loved my current clock because if I wanted to read the display in the dark I had to push a backlight button on the top. Clocks with glowing numbers make me do this:

insomnia.png

Help me TW!

i have this
neverlate_executive_alarmclock.jpg

from ThinkGeek :: Neverlate Executive Alarm Clock

"Okay, we could spend ages writing about all the features the Executive Neverlate has to offer, so let's just hit on some big ones. Two separate ("his" & "hers," if you will) 7-day alarm schedules - and each of those 14 alarms can be set to a different time and ringtone (one of 4 buzzers or 20 preset radio stations). Plus another bank of every day alarms. That's 21 alarms in total! And if you get bored of the radio, you can plug in your MP3 player and listen through the clock's killer speaker - and even charge your MP3 player with the Executive Neverlate's USB port (it's a standard 5V USB port)! This truly is the alarm clock to end all alarm clocks. And with the "Nap" button we can take a little slumber whenever we need it mos . . . . . zzzzzzzzzz. "

edit: and the one thing i absolutely loooovvvveee, is i can set how long it snoozes for... fuck all those clocks that snooze for nine minutes. fuck you. i need like 15 minutes between alarms

Last edited:
I got this in black:

853611952CI188.jpg

It doesn't look like much, but it's the best clock radio I've ever had.

The display isn't obnoxious at all, (a pet peeve of mine also), you can put an IPOD to it, gets great radio reception, (it actually has an antenna!), it has a small footprint, and has a nice big fat snooze button, which is a must. It looks better in black though, compared to the picture.

Plus, for $30 at Fry's, it was hard to go wrong.:bigthumb:

Emerson makes a clock radio that automatically adjusts to the correct time as soon as you plug it in (battery backup). It does have a blue glow but the less bright setting is soft enough that it doesn't make me crazy

Back