I must say...

flyte

Veteran X
..I've had the most fun ever playing t:v over these past few days. Playing
on servers with the new maps has changed my t:v experience 100%

I'm actually having "fun"..

nice work mappers. you have brought back the fun in tribes.

:D.

thanks man, to hear that my work actually goes to a good purpose just makes me want to make more maps. The last couple pickups have been a fucking blast...

I think there is hope for T:V yet, just stick with it.

flyte said:
..I've had the most fun ever playing t:v over these past few days. Playing
on servers with the new maps has changed my t:v experience 100%

I'm actually having "fun"..

nice work mappers. you have brought back the fun in tribes.

Thank You ! ! !

It's all in the maps! ;) We've got more coming your way.

Last edited:
I made this prediction months ago that mappers and moders will save t:v. New maps
plus comp mod will bring the game to its best state possible. The question is if people
will come back to the game and play, increasing those player counts.

I'm just happy I can find pretty full servers with the new maps.. fun times.

Keep your eyes Open Flyte - Those Mappers/Scripter/Modders -- with the help of PLAYERs just like you and other Vets that havent lost faith in this Community -- even when all Faith in the game developers is gone -- are the 1 chance this game has.

April Should be the Beginning of a potential Rebirth for this game... Hold onto it people - you could be in for a hell of a ride.

Stage01 said:
Now if only Renegades will come back. Nobody wants to see that on that peice of shit Tourque engine.
TGE beats the warm crap out of T:V's engine when it comes to anything but graphics.

I haven't purchased T:V yet. I am a tribes n00b, played t2 a bit but never online. I have been playing the T:V MP demo, hearing about these new maps makes me wanna buy the game.

What can TGE do that the Unreal engine can't?

There's a reason netcode is more expensive on the Unreal engine. It's because everything is more robust. This has never been a game for 56k'ers people. :lol: Lets see the TGE perform the ragdolls Havoc does. Lets see it push the poly count and render those lights and shadows the way the Unreal engine does. When I see it, then I'll believe it. Till then, I'm looking foreward to Unreal Engine 3.

Zio said:
What can TGE do that the Unreal engine can't?

There's a reason netcode is more expensive on the Unreal engine. It's because everything is more robust. This has never been a game for 56k'ers people. :lol: Lets see the TGE perform the ragdolls Havoc does. Lets see it push the poly count and render those lights and shadows the way the Unreal engine does. When I see it, then I'll believe it. Till then, I'm looking foreward to Unreal Engine 3.
If you want pretty graphics, wait until TSE is done. In case you missed the other thread, here are some pics of what TSE can do IN ITS BETA STAGE:

screenshot_00001.jpg

screenshot_00002.jpg

screenshot_00003.jpg

screenshot_00005.jpg

screenshot_00006.jpg

Apart from that, it has better netcode (supports more people), infinite terrains and easy modding accessability.

God damn, I must have missed those screenshots when I was browsing the TSE's website. Those last four look absolutely gorgeous. Imagine playing a Tribes game in a world like that?

I stated TGE not TSE.

If you are going to compare apples to oranges, then I'll compare the next Unreal Engine to the next Torque engine for you.

The new Unreal engine poops on your puniy little insignificant two years ago looking TSE. ;)

Last edited:
Amadeu5 said:
Will it allow for 100 player games and infinite terrain with high viewing distance?

if the other Unreal Engines are any indication, then no. But I also heard that the U3 engine will be able to support maps that are much larger (read somewhere it would have better MMORPG support) or something.

Back