I know we have some cops here, any highway patrol?

Mjolnir

Veteran XV
Those of you who with experience with working as state trooper or highway patrol, I'm looking for your professional opinions.

A friend of mine will be a state HP soon. To congratulate him on the new job, I was thinking of a little gift, maybe something like this:
M1030M-GunMetal1.jpg

But then I got to thinking that 1.) Someone else will probably do the same thing. And 2.) Something practical would likely be more appreciated, especially if it's the kind of gift that says "Congratulations! Also, please stay alive!". Therefor, I've been looking at the following:

Would such a thing be actually useful, or just another gadget to get in the way? Are you basically issued something like the following, and not really permitted to use your own gear?

805_21017.jpg

I could always just get an insert for the Saunders-style clipboard, but it doesn't seem like that would be very handy to hold in the off-hand at the side of the road. I can much more easily picture holding a real handle, plus it seems like that would have benefits if it were even actually used as a shield.

Thanks for the feedback.

why dont you give them a kick in the balls for being a fucking douchebag

god i hate highway patrol

Why don't you just drop your pants and get it over with already?

Seriously, what kind of guy buys his friend a present for getting a job?

You do know you've spelt Mjollnir wrong, right?

Mjølner - Wikipedia, den frie encyklopædi
Mjølner - Wikipedia

Keep on topic, ADD boy.

Why don't you just drop your pants and get it over with already?

Seriously, what kind of guy buys his friend a present for getting a job?

People with disposable income and/or those who are not cheap bastards. As an aside, gift-giving is a way to demonstrate your own wealth, so it could be self-serving as well.

Last edited:
post-104682-1173682463.gif
Mjollnir
Shop Level: New Recipes
Description:
Thor's magical hammer, made for him by the dwarfs Brok and Eitri. Gives +35 Agility, +35 damage, and a 20% chance to release a 200 damage Chain Lightning. When a hero with the Static Charge buff is attacked there is a 20% chance that a 200 damage Static Charge will strike the attacking unit. Static charge activates at most once per second.

Maelstrom (3360)
Eaglehorn (3400)

Total Cost: 6760

Back