I installed this nest

Outdoor cam. 2 off them. Motherfucking Google rocks they are in and at my house now. My neighbor didn't know where to look when he walked past my house the first time. Good laughs.

I fucking love the activity zones that you can draw your self. Instant message when some one is in it and an email with a screenshot is included as well.

Anyone else who got the cams also?

NGFM said:
Right, I tell everyone how to do it on a silver platter, and no one listens.

Sams, Costco, and Brandsmart sell packaged systems.
If you have a PC computer on 24/7 connected to a router, then you can buy Panasonic network cameras.
This camera is the shit. I have one, shoots in color even at night, and has a microphone that can hear people down the street.
Amazon.com: Panasonic BB-HCM531A Outdoor Pan/Tilt PoE Security Network Camera (Silver): Electronics
You install it to this POE router using 100 feet of network cable.
Amazon.com: TRENDNET TPE-S44 8-PORT 10 100MBPS POE FAST ETHERNET SWITCH (4 10 100 4 POE): Electronics
So there, you buy the camera, POE router, 100 feet of RJ-45 network cable, and that powers the camera. You install it in the corner of your house. Camera comes with recording software. Mine is set up to record 2fps 24/7 at 640x480.

This guide walks through setting up the indoor version of the camera, it's the exact same as the outdoor version.
How to Install a Panasonic Network Camera - Part 1 | HandymanHowto.com

If this is too complicated or too much money, then Logitech makes cameras, you stick one of these in a window looking out at your car.
http://www.logitech.com/en-us/webcam...s/devices/4326

I really don't have a legit use for them but I want to buy one now just because of your description. I already have a nest thermostat and the thing is awesome. I mean do I need it? Not really. Do I like stupid gadgets? sure

I've really been thinking hard about this. I'd like to have something simple to set up so we can monitor the access road to our house and the area around some of the outbuildings.

It's full HD 1000 something. Live streaming with sound and you can talk back.

The stupid thing was working in less then 5 min. Unboxing was more work then installing.

Power on. Take phone open app and scan the code. Press next step etc and put in your WiFi password and bam it works.

Feel so much better now when at work, and at home when sleeping.

The thing about cameras is that they just observe and record the event of your home being violated.
Add a way to remotely close the door/window used to ingress then rapidly flood the house with carbon monoxide and we'll be moving in the right direction.

I'm not to the point of surveillance. I still rely on vigilance and loud dogs. They are on it. Nothing gets past them fuckers.

Back