I hope all you fuckers voted yes to amendment 6

RiSe226

Veteran X
if you're in florida that is. that monorail raped my dad and killed my mom.

Seriously though, it's gonna cost 25 billion dollars if it goes through, so watch the fuck out.

Amendment 6:
In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; That was so not funny, you should just go suck a plastic bag down your throat; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Redz15 said:
theres a monorail in FL?

the amendment was to make a monorail, which would destroy florida's treasury financially and pretty much be used only by tourists. The planned route was OIA to miami, OIA to disney, and OIA to Tampa. That leaves out about 1/2 of Florida, which is gay for how much it's going to cost ($25 billion)

He's making fun of your misuse of "amendment."

You quite obviously meant "proposition."

Redz15 said:
its called an amendment.

and tourism is like... all of florida revenue.

that and the lottery.

The idea was that'd it be this wonderful mass transit thing. Cheap, effiecnt, and it's carry lots of people. Then no private business hopped on to pick up the tab. Then the only places it would go to would be the airport, disney, miami, and tampa. Then people realized that noone ever wants to go to those places and if they did, they'd drive.

I can't see a $4 billion a year industry covering a $25 billion dollar expense with any kind of turnaround. Besides, half of the tourist spots in florida are left out (International Drive, Universal, etc.).

That 25 billion could be diverted to construct and repair florida's terrible terribly highways (east-west expressway, anyone?) and to help fund new schools to adjust to the massive boom in school attendance numbers

I spent all day after school today waving my amendment 6 sign outside a polling place. Yeah, kinda gay, but the likelyhood of me actually changing someone's decision is much greater than, say, waving a kerry or bush sign.

Besides that, most people had no idea was the hell the amendment meant because it's worded funny, I explained it to over 200 people today.

I voted yes on it. High speed rail for Florida sounds like an awesome idea, but this plan just sucks.

If I wanted to take it from Orlando to Miami and get there in a couple of hours, that's great, but how do I get around when I get there? Take a bus? I'd rather drive and make it in 3 hours and have a car when I got there. It doesn't really save any time. I'd have to go to the station, park, wait for the train, get on the train, travel, get off the train and then walk, take a bus/cab or rent a car. That's more than the hour I saved on travel time, a lot more.

If it was going to be such a tremendous benefit then why wouldn't any businesses want to help pay for it?

Back