I had a nice call from the Gastro Clinic

I've been completely knocked out for knee surgery twice.

Was there an anesthesiologist present?
If so it means they had to stick an air pipe down your throat so you could breath.

For me it was sodium penathol. They let me know it was coming. Slight tingling in the head because the fluid is cold, then gone, just gone. You wake up dreaming, tunnel vision, wake up very fast, not tired, like a light switch.

When they talk about capital punishment with lethal injection, that's the same thing they use. And when they say stuff like the person "drifted" off, no, they didn't. They're gone instantly.

I've been completely knocked out for knee surgery twice.

Was there an anesthesiologist present?
If so it means they had to stick an air pipe down your throat so you could breath.

For me it was sodium penathol. They let me know it was coming. Slight tingling in the head because the fluid is cold, then gone, just gone. You wake up dreaming, tunnel vision, wake up very fast, not tired, like a light switch.

When they talk about capital punishment with lethal injection, that's the same thing they use. And when they say stuff like the person "drifted" off, no, they didn't. They're gone instantly.

No tube down the throat. Just tubes in the nose.
Correct - no drifting off - I was out...then I was awake.

Best medicine in the hospital= dilaudid

I was on that shit for 5 days, and when I got home I felt sick for a little while because I didn't have any.

That's as close as I'll get to junk sickness.

so if you pay thousands of dollars to get knocked out and have things inserted in your anus its a necessary doctors visit

but when I clorophorm a woman and stick things in her ass its rape :mad:

what a silly world!

so if you pay thousands of dollars to get knocked out and have things inserted in your anus its a necessary doctors visit

but when I clorophorm a woman and stick things in her ass its rape :mad:

what a silly world!

did yuo call her afterwards to she if everything was good for her, cause i think that makes a differance

colon.jpg

I dunno what they used to knock me out for my GB surgery but I just remember breathing in 2-3 times after he pushed the drug, then waking up in recovery.

Stilgar, you are soooooo lucky. My first colonoscopy was done by some Indian douchebag who complained about how poorly my prep had worked and who under medicated me. It was like a half-awake nightmare with terrible cramping.

The second time was much easier. The doc just blasted me with Demerol.

I've only been under once before when I had my wisdom teeth extracted. They gave me gas so that I wouldn't feel the IV being put in. All I remembered was the nurse telling me I had to breath and stop laughing or the gas wouldn't work. Then i woke up in another room, very very cool.

The IV was painless.
The whole day was painless.
No gas, nothing.

As I was waking up the nurse asked me to fart - I said there's nothing to push out.
From the gurney next to me came a long poot.
The nurse turns to me and says, "See?"
I said, "You want I should pop another hemmorhoid?"

She gave me a Kung Pow Palace almond cookie and a box of juice.

No pain at all.

RancherDan - Don't they medicate you based upon weight, et cetera?
How could they not know you weren't "under?"

The IV was painless.
The whole day was painless.
No gas, nothing.

As I was waking up the nurse asked me to fart - I said there's nothing to push out.
From the gurney next to me came a long poot.
The nurse turns to me and says, "See?"
I said, "You want I should pop another hemmorhoid?"

She gave me a Kung Pow Palace almond cookie and a box of juice.

No pain at all.

RancherDan - Don't they medicate you based upon weight, et cetera?
How could they not know you weren't "under?"

I had an IV in the ER that fucking hurt worse then my gallbladder pain. However the IV they put in my hand for the actual surgery didn't hardly hurt at all. She numbed it with a smaller shot first, then did the IV.

Back