I got a new bike!

dr_boom

Veteran XX
I've ridden a mountain bike for years and wanted something that was more comfortable for recreation and still capable for fitness. This thing is the most comfortable bike I have had the pleasure of riding. (read: my ass is too old for saddles anymore...they hurt!):p:

Electra Townie 21d

m

Ugh. The Townie is an historically bad bike. Take it back and get a Trek Calypso or Cruiseliner.

Ugh. The Townie is an historically bad bike. Take it back and get a Trek Calypso or Cruiseliner.

I know nothing about bicycles, but those two Treks look like retro douchebag hipster bikes. I'd way rather have that Townie.

can you go up hills

The area where I live is not very hilly so I can't give you a good answer on that. There's no standing on the pedals for leverage, so I can see where it would be more difficult on major hills...it works different leg muscles than a normal bike does for sure, but I have no issues.

Last edited:
I know nothing about bicycles, but those two Treks look like retro douchebag hipster bikes. I'd way rather have that Townie.
They're just cruisers, and Trek offers different handlebars, so you can switch the uprights for some flats. Plus, these bikes come with better everything, as far as gear is concerned, while costing less.

Also, its gangsta ass thugs that ride beach cruisers. Hipsters ride fixed gears.

g7-glasses-malone-gwiththebike.jpg

I'm riding an older model Trek Nav now, started getting pain in my hip while riding.
Ended up taking the "skinny" seat off of my old Bianchi Grizzly and using that, had to get used to the hard seat again, but the hip pain is gone now. :shrug:

Those comfort saddles are known for that, but it's hardly ever the saddle's fault. The reason the pain went away on the more conventional saddle is because it forces you into a different posture, taking strain off the hip. If you want to use the other saddle, raise it. Set it to a height where your knee never makes more than a 60-degree angle with the vertical.

Back