I dug a couple of a songs from Drive

Most of the good artists are part of the Valerie collective, which has some excellent monthly mixtapes.

Valerie

Thomas Barrandon's in March was awesome.

Most of the good artists are part of the Valerie collective, which has some excellent monthly mixtapes.

Valerie

Thomas Barrandon's in March was awesome.

That's pretty cool, how did you discover this? I really liked the "New age 80's" feel of Drive and its soundtrack. I guess that Valerie collective is like dedicated to new age 80s.

Thanks for the find.

Last edited:
Me and a friend of mine where hunting down stuff on Youtube that reminded us of the great soundtracks of 80s movies of our youth, like the original Assault on Precinct 13 John Carpenter soundtrack, Harold Faltermeyer and Giorgio Moroder. Stuff that Commodore Amiga games loved to emulate. Search instigated largely by our shared love of the Daft Punk score for Tron, which is awesomely sweep/pad synth-tastic.

Found a load of great tracks, by Valerie collective artists like Outrunner, Maethelvin, Stephen Falken, Power Glove. Just ended up finding the Valerie site, which is run by the guy behind College, who was all over the Drive soundtrack.

Last edited:
The soundtrack to Drive was just another example of the pretentious and self indulgent nonsense that held the movie back (and which made the critics and artsy types fawn over it).

The leads had good performances and the director is obviously talented but it was pretty disappointing, IMO.

What crap. How is Winding Refn's choice of music pretentious? Because it's from a niche genre and not hard rock or a theatrical score? Pretty certain people loved the movie because it's a well constructed film in which the score plays a huge part in setting the tone and the mood. Which on the whole seemed to succeed, given the huge critical success. Sorry it didn't theme tune performed by Justin Bieber or the latest Emo haircut band.

liked the movie, it was different

music was pretty good as well

made me look up most of kavinsky's work and it's pgood

I used to listen to this one back in College. Was surprised to hear it in the movie.

This is also by the same artist and album but not from the movie.

Last edited:
What crap. How is Winding Refn's choice of music pretentious? Because it's from a niche genre and not hard rock or a theatrical score? Pretty certain people loved the movie because it's a well constructed film in which the score plays a huge part in setting the tone and the mood. Which on the whole seemed to succeed, given the huge critical success. Sorry it didn't theme tune performed by Justin Bieber or the latest Emo haircut band.

:gayfight:

Back