i am going 2 nyc 4 new yr eve

It looks like a lot of fun on TV, but seems like you'd have to get there at 6pm if you wanna be near Times Square. Then I wonder where do people go to the bathroom? You'd need a friend to save your space while taking turns going.

there is no place if you are in times square, really. people just start peeing in bottles or where they stand. then they get ticketed for public urination. i mean the other option is try to get into one of the midtown bars nearby - where they know you need to pee so they charge a $5 - 10 cover - and wait in line for about an hour. Have fun with that. But hey, Ryan Seacrest.
source: did times square 2x on the street and 2x from a hotel room over mtv studios

I was going to look up web sites on NYE in NYC. I figured they would have a bunch of port-a-potties a block over on each side, so people could go, but I guess not. That means you'd have to go for the experience and not party, drink nothing. There's nothing worse then having to piss with no where to go.

bam.gif

Not worth it at all. Like Rayn said it's crowded, everything is blocked off and you will get nickle/dimed for everything.

Rented a room at a really nice hotel for $400 right off times square, went out and had lunch and by around 2 PM the whole area was swarming with people and the only way we could get around was showing our hotel door key to get past barricades. By the time we finished dinner we went outside, did a loop and promptly said fuck it and watched the ball drop with a bunch of people at the hotel bar and got drunk until 4 am.

Then some weird creeper knocked on our hotel room door when we went up expecting a threesome.

Total time slept in hotel ~3 hours or $133 per hour. Ballin.

yeah if you want to see times square split a hotel room its completely worth it and much better than standing in a mob. i recommend it to everyone that tells me they are doing it 'for the experience'.

NYE in Times Square fucking sucks. I did it once and then opted to go to clubs/bars the other two years I was there.

We did it 2001?, have a cousin who lives on 8th Ave right down from there and we were making piss runs all night trying to hold a spot. Fucking cold and everything was expensive and crowded as hell. Will never do it again.

Back