Hunters and 2.3

Heimdal

Veteran XX
so how many of you play a hunter, and think 2.3 has broken or otherwise made the class worse?

i was reading the official forums the passed few days (god knows why, i've already been reminded why i never do anyway) and almost every hunter on there is complaining about no double trapping and unable to fd drink on raid bosses.

i'm leveling up my second hunter on a pvp server with a friend, and i'm completely happy with the chages so far. then i see people saying they want to be a 2.2 hunter again, and i'm like what the hell?

so what is the general opinion with you guys?

People will find something to complain about no matter how good it gets for them. They are probably trying to divert attention away from all the posts by people who are now dying to hunters because they haven't developed a new strategy for beating them. I do think the buff to arcane shot was a bit over the top.

Having said that, I recently rolled a hunter alt.

Who the hell drinks on raid bosses? This isn't Blackwing Lair.

that's what i was thinking. they are up in arms over there because of not being able to drink on bosses.

not that i don't expect this kind of attitutde, especially on the official forums, but i just can't understand how some people can still complain after hunters got a huge buff. everything from "i don't care if i have a deadzone, give me fd drink" to "i quit (pretty standard)".

i guess it strikes me as unusual seeing as how hunters didn't get nerfed, and people are whining harder than if they did, and recieved no buffs.

Couple hunters in my guild have agreed that it was a cheap mechanic that they exploited - but it was only useful on fights with dps breaks like lurker or alar. They aren't too concerned about it.

The pet issues are pretty bad - they fucked up the pathing somehow - sometimes your pet just does weird shite. Bliz has announced they are looking into it.

They're complaining? Are you serious? Hmm let's go over what they got.

- Aimed Shot has MS debuff now.
- Arcane Shot dispels all kinds of shit now, apparently even priest shields and (as someone said but I think is a rumor) druid shapeshifting,
- Their traps do extra damage based on their Ranged AP.
- Serpent Sting now does extra damage based on their Ranged AP.

And they're whining about pets doing weird shit and not being able to FD/drink on a boss fight? That is whiny bitchiness on a level that transcends what I thought being whiny was.

i forgot about the pet bug, but yeah it does happen to me off and on. i didn't think it was a huge deal though, i know they will fix it. sooner rather than later i hope.

i haven't raided with 2.3, but i wasn't about to believe official forums saying it is as bad as it is. i doubt many of them have even raided with the changes, and they are just whining because of what they think it is like now. i figured i'd ask here to see if anyone felt in anyway the same, or knows hunters that do.

a few select threads
WoW Forums -> I want to be a 2.2 hunter again.
WoW Forums -> Dear non-hunters, (mages in particular)
WoW Forums -> Patch 2.3 Irony

Last edited:
I play a hunter and the drinking thing is insane because you can't rez your pet in combat anymore (from a BM perspective)

You can't feed your pet if it dies

Your pet doesn't attack anything against a wall (or inside a tight hallway) and can wipe a raid with bad pathing

The patch is great for pvp but is killing us in pve. Pretty much need a shadowpriest if you want to maximize your dps.

We hit ZA last night with a BM hunter in tow - seemed like he did fine, but the pet pathing was screwed up at times, so he couldn't max his dps.

And they're whining about pets doing weird shit and not being able to FD/drink on a boss fight? That is whiny bitchiness on a level that transcends what I thought being whiny was.

Wipe 25 people 3 times because your pet goes to BFE (and you have no control over it) and see how fucking happy everyone is with you. Why would that not be a sound complaint? To expect your pet to go straight for the target?

Wipe 25 people 3 times because your pet goes to BFE (and you have no control over it) and see how fucking happy everyone is with you. Why would that not be a sound complaint? To expect your pet to go straight for the target?

Then you'll simply have to dismiss the pets until it's fixed. And I'm really hoping boss fights don't completely hinge on the pet's extra DPS to win it.

The patch is great for pvp but is killing us in pve. Pretty much need a shadowpriest if you want to maximize your dps.
With fel mana pot, wisdom & mana oil x 2, you're up over 200 mp5. If you can get a bit on gear, it seems like you should be able to shoot for a good long time. That's discounting runes & totems and whatnot.

Then you'll simply have to dismiss the pets until it's fixed. And I'm really hoping boss fights don't completely hinge on the pet's extra DPS to win it.

- Hey guys, Shred is broken.

- That's alright, just don't use it. I hope you don't rely on it to win boss fights.

- *roll eyes*

With fel mana pot, wisdom & mana oil x 2, you're up over 200 mp5.

Fel mana pot = 666mp5, for 24 seconds, 0mp5 for 96 seconds
Mana oil x 1 (2h weapon) = 14 mp5

Plus the fd + drink is more of a money saver, since I don't want to have to bring 40 (expensive fel)mana pots every raid. At least they made the adamantite ammo dirt cheap now.

Last edited:
_44241791_reychavez416_afp.jpg

Back