[Hunter] Brackets

I wasn't a PvP whore. I just liked having high crits. Now that they've added the BM Frenzy to proc on ANY crit instead of auto-attack or "orange" damage I think i'll see how Shy-Rotam does. I know that for farming i'm better off with BM anyway.

I missed Bestial Wrath ever since I respec'ed to 0/21/30 a while back, but now I have a reason to use it again. I think i'll do pretty well in a 5man strath group having my pet as an offtank. She's pretty beefy.

GraphiX said:
I wasn't a PvP whore. I just liked having high crits. Now that they've added the BM Frenzy to proc on ANY crit instead of auto-attack or "orange" damage I think i'll see how Shy-Rotam does. I know that for farming i'm better off with BM anyway.

I missed Bestial Wrath ever since I respec'ed to 0/21/30 a while back, but now I have a reason to use it again. I think i'll do pretty well in a 5man strath group having my pet as an offtank. She's pretty beefy.

I usually find bears and crabs to be especially tough. I haven't looked into turtles mainly because at the time they didn't eat fish, and I never justify having a pet who won't eat food I can catch/fish/cook. With BM talents a pet's AR and HP can get ridiculously high. Plus I remember reading the cap on the late dungeons, and I know it'll hurt the noobs who feel they need to play Scholo and Strath 10-man to get anything done. So I'm sure they'll take hunters along simply to have that extra tank.

Yeah, I stick with Cat for the DPS..put all my points into armor and keep her alive with Mend Pet when needed..otherwise I use my Heavy Runecloth Bandages on her.

Shy does really well..with Bestial Wrath she crits for over 200 damage really quick. And now that frenzy is practically always proced now her attack speed is about 1.07 pretty constantly. And with Ferocity i'd say she has about 17-20% crit chance.

Broken Tooth is the best pet in the game for PvP, ever since pursuit speeds got nerfed. (The ZG Bat was the best before speed nerf)

BM is fun, and great for solo grinding, but pretty worthless compared to other specs in group PvE/PvP.

buize said:
i was using bangladesh, the elite tiger in stv, as my pet
around lvl 46

I thought they did away with "elite" stats on pets more than several patches ago to avoid everyone just taming them and not normal animals.

I used a BM spec Needles Cougar (1.2 attack speed... didn't feel like waiting 8 hours on Broken Tooth) for leveling my hunter. At level 50 with Intimidation and BW he'd hit crits for 250+... repeatedly. BM is rockin for leveling but it put me way behind for damage on the raids :(

Back