Hulu Desktop Application

CrazyTexan

Veteran XV
I did not see this posted. Hulu released a desktop application.

Hulu - Labs: Hulu Desktop

Hulu Desktop is a lean-back viewing experience for your personal computer. It features a sleek new look that's optimized for use with standard Windows Media Center remote controls or Apple remote controls, allowing you to navigate Hulu's entire library with just six buttons. For users without remotes, the application is keyboard and mouse-enabled. Hulu Desktop is a downloadable application and will work on PCs and Macs. It will initially launch as a beta product during which we plan to gather and incorporate user feedback to improve the service.

I need to build a newer htpc.

anybody know if a blu ray drive will work with a component output video card?

yeah i like the desktop version. boxee used to support hulu, but even back when it did it wasn't this polished.

and just yesterday Remote Buddy released a mapping for hulu desktop, which means my logitech harmony remote now works perfectly with it.

Mac Mini + Logitech Harmony One + Remote Buddy + (XBMC/Hulu Desktop) = sex

They really need to implement gamepad control. I doubt many people have infrared ports on their laptop/pc.

They really need to implement gamepad control. I doubt many people have infrared ports on their laptop/pc.

most people who have PCs hooked to their TV probably have remote control for them. I do. I programmed my TV remote to operate my htpc as well. :shrug:

Anyone know how well it works in a dual display setup? Hate that Hulu won't stay full screen even in a dual display if you do anything else...

is this a little laggy (not 100% fluid), or is it my wireless connect for my htpc thats causing this problem? it's weird because there is no buffering problem (video never completely stops) but it just seems like it drops some frames every couple seconds.

Seems a little slow to buffer and the software crashes or otherwise fucks up somewhat often, but I'm really liking the ability to watch stuff whenever I want.

Why is their selection so limited? Even stuff like The Tonight Show only has 5-10 episodes available. Wtf?

Back