Hubble space telescope servicing mission in jeopardy....

triple said:
people trying to make this a political thing are retarded. what, you think kerry or clinton would have done this? bush has increased the budget for nasa. if they have better things to spend it on, like, i dunno, fixing the space shuttle, so be it.
Bush doesn't like science, he is religious.

|vm| said:
i never understood the need to take pictures of things millions of light years away, or the point of putting someone on some planet that has absolutely no life and absolutely nothing to see except rocks and dust.

how about solving the problems on earth before trying to play the space explorers.

sure, scientific progress is nice, and needed, but at what price? those billions spent on it seems like alot :\

It seems like a lot until you realize that many inventions you take for granted, many technologies we use to make things and sell things to make money and live well, are a result of the space program.

It seems like a lot until you realize Bush hooked up his homies with plenty more than that.

triple said:

Congress voted Saturday to give NASA all of the $16.2 billion it sought for 2005, money not only to return the space shuttles to flight but also to start designing a replacement spaceship and planning moon missions.

We can spend 500billion on a fucking war, but only 16.2billion on nasa? GREAT! Lets go to the moon! Has anybody told you that we have already been there?

16.2billion is fucking jack.

|vm| said:
i never understood the need to take pictures of things millions of light years away, or the point of putting someone on some planet that has absolutely no life and absolutely nothing to see except rocks and dust.

how about solving the problems on earth before trying to play the space explorers.

sure, scientific progress is nice, and needed, but at what price? those billions spent on it seems like alot :\

A lot of people felt the same way about trying to put people on the moon. The research and technology that has come out of it was recycled back into the economy and has paid for the mission in itself 1000 times over. So don't give me that bullshit that its useless and worthless to persue such things.

Automatic Jack said:
It seems like a lot until you realize that many inventions you take for granted, many technologies we use to make things and sell things to make money and live well, are a result of the space program.

It seems like a lot until you realize Bush hooked up his homies with plenty more than that.

that's a good point

but it's still alot of money for something we could spend on *real* issues, like starving people and such.

oh look, democrats, challenged with information that directly contradicts what they've been complaining about, deny it.

you guys should love the fact (yes fact) clinton cut nasa's budget by hundreds of millions during his term.

triple said:
oh look, democrats, challenged with information that directly contradicts what they've been complaining about, deny it.

you guys should love the fact (yes fact) clinton cut nasa's budget by hundreds of millions during his term.
And it sucked.

but 16.5billion is NOTHING to brag about.

wait wasn't that 16.2 billion for 2005... not 2006?

I thought we were talking about 2006? /me is confused

Congress voted Saturday to give NASA all of the $16.2 billion it sought for 2005, money not only to return the space shuttles to flight but also to start designing a replacement spaceship and planning moon missions.

ratbert, read that over

and then ask yourself why you know more than nasa does on how much nasa should be satisified with

because nasa asked for "jack shit" and got it. all of it.

triple said:
ratbert, read that over

and then ask yourself why you know more than nasa does on how much nasa should be satisified with

because nasa asked for "jack shit" and got it. all of it.
They asked for it because they know they wouldn't get much more.

Back