How to not get fucked by the insurance company

Justincase,

Bring your car to someplace where you want it fixed. Tell the adjuster where it is at and when the adjuster comes out the body shop guys will be out there correcting the adjuster anytime they low ball the repairs.

This will get the work started. Then as the body shop gets to work they will certainly find more damage and call the adjuster back out to make a correction to the amount the body shop will get paid.

Done deal.

You shouldn't have called your insurance company unless it was the last resort. Now you will have a loss on your insurance which sucks because your insurance might go up even if it wasn't your fault.

Edit: Also, which state are you in? Some states like the AWESOME state of Arizona allows you to pick the repair shop. Other states allow the insurance company to give you a list of shops to go to. The second option sucks ass because if the body shop wants to be a continued partner of that insurance company they might take too little to do the repair and then they take shortcuts in repairing it.

If you are in AZ I know EXACTLY where you should go. :)

Last edited:
Hire Saul Goodman ASAP

wr1g87.jpg

Don't get a lawyer until the insurance company doesn't come through. Unless you want monies for pain and suffering.

As another poster said you are in a rental car they are paying for so if they want to drag this out it will just cost them more.

The average Joe is not terribly familiar with this whole process but in my experience the insurance companies do OK at correcting this shit.

You shouldn't have called your insurance company unless it was the last resort. Now you will have a loss on your insurance which sucks because your insurance might go up even if it wasn't your fault.

You need to call your insurance company immediately when you get in an accident regardless of who's at fault. You want them on your side from the beginning in case the other side tries to fuck you. If your insurance goes up for a no fault accident then you're a retard or you have shitty insurance.

:sunny:

Quit giving people shitty advice.

You need to call your insurance company immediately when you get in an accident regardless of who's at fault. You want them on your side from the beginning in case the other side tries to fuck you. If your insurance goes up for a no fault accident then you're a retard or you have shitty insurance.

:sunny:

Quit giving people shitty advice.

It is actually awesome advice. I was in an accident that wasn't my fault and did exactly what I said above. I got. My rental car and my car fixed perfectly. I received the advice to do it this way by a guy that was in 5 accidents that weren't his fault. You can bet his insurance would have gone up after reporting all those loses to his company. All companies will look at your claim history to determine whAt your premium will be.

Sincethe OP already told his INS company about the accident he might as well let them take it all over. The damage to his zero claim record is over.

Get a lawyer for your injuries though. You could make big money for your aches and pains.

It's state law that I HAVE to report the accident to my own insurance company, regardless of fault. The police officer gave me a form that I had to mail to my insurance company that they in turn mail back to the state to prove I had insurance at the time of the accident.

this is in SC

It is actually awesome advice. I was in an accident that wasn't my fault and did exactly what I said above. I got. My rental car and my car fixed perfectly. I received the advice to do it this way by a guy that was in 5 accidents that weren't his fault. You can bet his insurance would have gone up after reporting all those loses to his company. All companies will look at your claim history to determine whAt your premium will be.

Sincethe OP already told his INS company about the accident he might as well let them take it all over. The damage to his zero claim record is over.

Get a lawyer for your injuries though. You could make big money for your aches and pains.

Hey retard. Your insurance company pulls you driving record once in a while and if you don't report accidents to them your rates will go up. Holy shit.

he already called his insurance
he has a police report
going to see a doctor

He is set if the other guys insurance fucks up..

I'm considering it, I don't think I'm hurt, just sore

not to sound like a lawyer, but you're not a doctor, and you're not qualified to say that for certain. I know you wanna say "it's my body, I know what it feels like" but consider this: There was a guy running a marathon and he got a cramp in his upper thigh, but powered through it and finished. When it didn't go away later, he went to see a doctor, and found out that he'd actually broken his femur from the impacts of running.

go see someone who is qualified.

I am fren, I'm actually feeling more sore today than last week

how do I get as much money as possible out of this, do I need an ambulance chaser?

sue them for your bodily injuries, not the car

This is the only way to go about it.

My modded car got hit and the insurance company totalled it and wouldn't pay for anything beyond like $300 over bluebook. It didn't matter that it was 100% her fault.

Luckily i got like 4k for medical which covered the actual damages to the car and myself.

Well this is gay, 10 days since my accident and my car isn't in the shop. The person handling my claim at this guy's insurance company is completely terrible. They're still "evaluating" the adjuster's estimate. They are still paying for my rental car though. I told her I went to the doctor over the weekend and she said as soon as I feel I don't have any additional injuries she will issue a check for my medical bill and pain and suffering.

I'm pretty close to calling my insurance and having them fix my car and just get the money themselves from the other company. If I do this can I still go through the other insurance for my medical stuff?

If the guys insurance company is bogus or won't pay, you can go to your own company. You'll probably have to pay your deductible. Your company will then subrogate and sue the other insurance company. After all is said and done, your company may reimburse your deductible, but it still may show up on a CLUE report as claim.

call your insurance
dont settle with her for pain and suffering
in fact tell the adjuster that you'll send in medical bills as the come in, but you do NOT want to settle that portion of the claim until you are done seeing the doctors.

or send the bills to YOUR insurance and see what they do. you'll want to get all your medical ducks in a row before coming forward with a pain/suffering negotiation/settlement

at least at my company, if we recover any monies through subrogation, we reimburse the deductible first, then take the rest cuz we're greedy LOL

I am fren, I'm actually feeling more sore today than last week

how do I get as much money as possible out of this, do I need an ambulance chaser?

You will need a personal injury lawyer. Go to one of the big ass firms first that you see on late night TV or on the back of the phone book. If they can afford that type of stuff it is because they know what they are doing and are ruthless.

Be well. Hope you are feeling OK.

1) Go see a doctor ASAP, you should be checked out.
2) Insist on using a body shop of your choosing and not one suggested by the other insurance company
3) 100% satisfied? As long as you take it to a good body shop, and they pay for it, what else do you want?
4) Loss of value? When they fix it, it should be as good as new. See point 2.

Back