How many times have you "changed mains"?

LOL Internet

Veteran XV
Let's see.. list the times you've changed your character or server.. for me, it's a long list...

In order: Each line represents a new character, or a new situation for that character.

-42 Horde Hunter on PvE server
-60 Horde Rogue on a PvP Server
-60 Horde Mage on same PvP server
-60 Alliance Paladin on new PvP server
-60 Human Mage on same new PvP server
-Transferred both to newer PVP server
-Sold Pally, transferred Mage to even newer PvP server
-Transferred Mage back to original new PvP server (what a tangled mess and waste of money)
-70 Priest on same PvP server
-Rerolled Horde and now play a BE Pally on that same server.

That's from release to now. I don't feel like typing it out in a less confusing way.

30-something Tauren Warrior - Stormreaver (deleted)
56 Human Paladin - Laughing Skull (deleted)
New 60 Tauren Warrior - Stormreaver (deleted)
70 BE Paladin - Stormreaver

And countless alts on various other servers that get deleted eventually. Odd how my mains have flip-flopped between palys and wars.

- 48 NE hunter on PvP. (later deleted)
- 50 NE Warrior on PvE.
- 48 Human rogue on new PvP.
- Lvled 50 NE Warrior to 60.
- 60 Troll Hunter on new PvP.
- Lvled 48 Human Rogue to 60.
- 35 UD Mage on same PvP.
- TBC released.
- Transfered UD Mage and Troll Hunter to PvE (worst mistake ever)
- Lvled Troll Hunter on PvE to 70.
- Went back to old PvP for UD warrior to 40.
- 38 UD Rogue on same PvP.
- 22 BE Warlock on same PvP.
- BE 32 Paladin on a different PvP.
- Moved whole mess of PvE characters to one realm. (waste of money)
- Moved BE 32 Paladin to same PvP.
- 22 Druid on other PvP.

That makes 2 Alliance PvP realms, 3 Normal realms and 2 Horde PvP realms. That doesn't count a small stint with another PvP alliance where I deleted all the toons (all sub-20).

31 Human Mage on Destromath: Quit after guild drama, abandoned server.
34 Night Elf Hunter on Tich: Quit, bored, abandoned server.
58 Blood Elf Warlock on Arthas: Current Main, quit once, came back a week and a half ago at 49, took a few days off for thanksgiving and the Apple Cup.

Twice.

My original was a hunter, elvelled to 60 on a server with no TW. got bored and quit. rerolled mage with TW folk, transfered the hunter but never finished it to 70ll. now levelling a druid.

Initially played a horde mage to 60 (orginal blue dungeon gear)
Took a few months hiatus.
When I started playing again and raiding it was on my troll rogue alt who became my real main.
Played rogue through all of MC/BWL and AQ40 up to emps down.
Quit rogue for awhile and played my mage with old friends through MC.
Went back to rogue with a new guild and killed C'thun along with Loatheb/Thaddius/Maexxna and Gothik.
Quit again a few months before BC was released after playing around in the beta (on my rogue).
When TBC came out I started causally playing a BE pally which became my "main" for a few weeks while I was leveling him.
When the pally got to level 66 I got sick of him and went back and started leveling my rogue to 70.
I got bored of that too at like 65 and quit again.

Now I've started playing again and I'm rolling with a draeni priest currently lvl 28.

My rogue is still my main in my heart though <3

I think I've done 6 character transfers of various characters. Right now all my horde toons are on Archimonde and my alliance on Shattered Hand. I started on Burning Blade and did MC on my mage on Executus.

This also doesn't count the time I spent leveling other random alts that I never considered in contention for my main as I was raiding on my rogue at that point. I've got that 55 shaman, 45 human pally, 40 ne hunter, 35 ne rogue, 29 twink lock, 29 twink hunter.

Last edited:
47 human pally on tich way back in the day
60 UD priest on archimonde
played a friends 60 shaman from arichimond>mugthol>tich and still play it
I think thats how it went but i dont really remember.

I do remember that the human pally I made was named Kosmokramer and he was black, like 4 years before Micheal Richards unleashed the N-bomb on stage.

Druid to low 40's
Rogue to kill RAG
finished druid before BWL came out and played druid through BWL/AQ40
Started pally around then and played pally in naxx and in BC
stopped for a while after hitting 70. came back played more pally
now leveling a lock on tich with TW.

I've had one main since starting in Feb of this year, leveled a mage to 70 which took almost 4 months cause I was a huge nub. My guild's currently on Kael (fucking hard fight even after the nerf) and I'm pretty well geared in t5 stuff. Other than that I have no other characters above lvl 19.

started as
60 pally ally
60 priest horde
60 warrior alliance
70 warlock alliance(for bc)
70 warlock horde
70 warrior horde
lvling up my 56 druid to be my new main

60 Alliance Lock Mal'Ganis (PvP)
60 Alliance Warr Mal'Ganis
40 Alliance Priest Mal'Ganis
60 Horde Mage Lightning's Blade (PvP)
transferred Mage to Cenarion Circle (RP)
30 Horde Rogue Cenarion Circle
60 Alliance Priest Moonrunner (PvE)
60 Alliance Hunter Moonrunner [never really a "main"]
transferred Lock & Warrior Mal'ganis->Moonrunner
60->70 Priest, Warrior, Lock, Hunter
60 (and climbing) Alliance Druid Moonrunner [not really a "main"]

42 Gnome Rogue -- (started 2 weeks after release)
People convinced me everybody was a rogue so I rerolled Gnome mage and got to 60
Never changed mains to the rogue
Leveled a hunter, never changed mains
Leveled a paladin to 60 before TBC
When TBC was in beta I ebayed my main account (mage hunter rogue) and played only my paladin for all of TBC until about a month ago when I ebayed that too.

Damn some of you have leveled a lot... When I played I;

- Played Troll Priest to 60
- Played Tauren Hunter to 60
- Got TBC
- Leveled Priest to 70
- Leveled Hunter to 63
- Leveled BE Mage to 43

Leveled a Undead Mage to 60 on Mal'Ganis on release with a lot of other Tribers.
Mages sucked then, rerolled as an OP Orc Hunter to 60.
Leveled a Gnome Warlock to 60 on Detheroc when that server opened.
Quit WoW.
Leveled a Draenei Shaman to 70 on Auchindoun with the release of TBC. (server was insanely unbalanced).
Rerolled as a Undead Warrior to 70 on Nazjatar.
Quit WoW.
Leveled my 60 Gnome Warlock to 70, playing him as my main now.

Also leveled/botted a Undead Priest to 60 on Mal'Ganis with my Mage/Hunter.
Also leveled/botted a Draenei Priest to 70 on Auchindoun with my Shaman.
Transferred 60 Priest off Mal'Ganis to Nazjatar and botted it with my Warrior to 70.
Currently leveling/botting a soon-to-be 70 Gnome Mage along with my Warlock on Detheroc.

- Hunter on Tichondrius 1-60 Nov '04-Feb/March '05
(stopped playing March - June til an old guildmate asked me to come back. Hunter is now a bank alt and still level 60)
- Priest June '05 til present.

I have a warrior alt I went 50-54 on this weekend that I haven't played much at all since January. My priest will always be my main, but having an alt with 375mining/skinning will definitely keep the cash coming in.

Initially played a horde mage to 60 (orginal blue dungeon gear)
Took a few months hiatus.
When I started playing again and raiding it was on my troll rogue alt who became my real main.
Played rogue through all of MC/BWL and AQ40 up to emps down.
Quit rogue for awhile and played my mage with old friends through MC.
Went back to rogue with a new guild and killed C'thun along with Loatheb/Thaddius/Maexxna and Gothik.
Quit again a few months before BC was released after playing around in the beta (on my rogue).
When TBC came out I started causally playing a BE pally which became my "main" for a few weeks while I was leveling him.
When the pally got to level 66 I got sick of him and went back and started leveling my rogue to 70.
I got bored of that too at like 65 and quit again.

Now I've started playing again and I'm rolling with a draeni priest currently lvl 28.

My rogue is still my main in my heart though <3

I think I've done 6 character transfers of various characters. Right now all my horde toons are on Archimonde and my alliance on Shattered Hand. I started on Burning Blade and did MC on my mage on Executus.

This also doesn't count the time I spent leveling other random alts that I never considered in contention for my main as I was raiding on my rogue at that point. I've got that 55 shaman, 45 human pally, 40 ne hunter, 35 ne rogue, 29 twink lock, 29 twink hunter.

I still wish that we had stuck to Burning Blade, that server was fun, minus the que of course. And when the hell did you start a SH char?

-Started as a Horde Mage. Leveled to 60 on Burning Blade
-Entire guild rerolls on Dethoroc. Leveled Horde Hunter to 60. Later transfered to Executus
-Horde guild falls apart. Core members head to Shattered Hand to play alliance. Currently level 70 priest.

Also have a load of sub 60 alts spread through various servers that never really caught on.

Back