How long till your lady friend moved in?

So my gf is becoming increasingly unhappy with her current housing situation, and we've been throwing around the idea of her moving in to my apt. It makes sense for both of us financially, and we're crazy about each other, but the kicker is we've only been dating about 4 1/2 months... Annnd I've never lived with a gf before; lived with plenty of girls though

So what's everybody else's story? How early is too early? What if she's really freaky? And she cleans like crazy

Was with my gf for a year or two before we moved in together. Things are good and we don't have much issue living together, but I wish I had waited longer more for financial reasons than anything else.

4 1/2 months is a bit too soon in my opinion...I'm at five months and change and still don't quite feel I'm at that point. I think anything around the year mark and beyond is a reasonable amount of time.

almost 4 years for me.

Don't do it. Wait at least a year, but it should be longer. It's not worth the pain in the ass when you inevitably break up.

i moved into apt of my 2 most serious long term gfs after first date. didnt plan it either time. just came over for the night, 'n never left. both times i kept my apt for a couple months, till it seemed pretty solid. then moved my shit over.

if you really like a girl as a gf, and not just a fuck toy 'n someone to goto dinner 'n movies, then why not live together? the longer u wait, the shittier it will be if/when you ever do decide to move in together. cuz youll have built a relationship / dating routine with that person while not having to deal with them 24/7. all the sudden youll have to deal with shit youve never had to before, 'n it will negatively affect your false relationship.

if each can not only handle, but actually enjoy one another's company 24/7 right off the bat, chances are your a good match for a long term relationship, if not, then you shouldn't consider her a gf, but a friend with benefits, fucktoy, dinner/movie partner, etc.

-moto

It also helps that for me and my gf we were essentially living together before we moved in together anyway. I would stay at her place for a week or so at a time and she would stay at my place for a week or so at a time.

if it saves you both money cool. Worst comes to worst you kick her out or just don't renew your lease and move yourself :shrug:

If you are already staying at each others places all of the time anyways there is no point in paying for two places.

That being said things are different when you live together. 24/7 is a lot different than a couple hours every day. Personally, as you know, its worked out pretty damn well for me. We were living in the same house unofficially 2 weeks after we started dating (she came over and basically never left. stayed over at least 6 nights a week) and officially 6 months in.

I think it has more to do with how old the two of you are over how long you've been together.

23 and 24

if it saves you both money cool. Worst comes to worst you kick her out or just don't renew your lease and move yourself :shrug:

If you are already staying at each others places all of the time anyways there is no point in paying for two places.

That being said things are different when you live together. 24/7 is a lot different than a couple hours every day. Personally, as you know, its worked out pretty damn well for me. We were living in the same house unofficially 2 weeks after we started dating (she came over and basically never left. stayed over at least 6 nights a week) and officially 6 months in.

Ya we're with each other every day. She leaves from my place to work all the time and I do the same.

Although it definitely seems like the consensus is to wait a while longer; we'll see what happens.

On a unrelated note, check out the other new addition to my apt as of last night
168toah.jpg

Still need a name though...

Back