How do you get music OFF your iPod?

Pak

Veteran XV
I tried using Ephpod but it ask me to rebuild the directory structure of the ipod which I think is like reformatting the Ipod.

sandpaper.jpg

-moto

I have the same problem with my iPhone. My HD crashed, and all my songs and pictures went along with it. So all my stuff is stuck on my iPhone, and I have no way of getting it out. I can't even update it to the new firmware, and half the apps don't work because the newer version is required. Fuck Apple :(

I have the same problem with my iPhone. My HD crashed, and all my songs and pictures went along with it. So all my stuff is stuck on my iPhone, and I have no way of getting it out. I can't even update it to the new firmware, and half the apps don't work because the newer version is required. Fuck Apple :(

I had the exact same problem with my G1, except that nothing like that has ever, nor will ever happen to it.

just run the battery down to zero and throw it in the freezer for at least 12 hours, 24 preferably. take the ipod out of the freezer, and slide it gently (yet firmly) between your buttocks. if you can slide an ipod between the cheeks of a female, take a picture & post it here so that i can tell you if it's situated correctly. pics from multiple angles is best. keep ipod in between butt cheeks until ipod is roughly your body temperature. remove ipod, charge ipod.

profit

just run the battery down to zero and throw it in the freezer for at least 12 hours, 24 preferably. take the ipod out of the freezer, and slide it gently (yet firmly) between your buttocks. if you can slide an ipod between the cheeks of a female, take a picture & post it here so that i can tell you if it's situated correctly. pics from multiple angles is best. keep ipod in between butt cheeks until ipod is roughly your body temperature. remove ipod, charge ipod.

profit

you must be bored

On itunes, click on your ipod sign on the left side (brings up all your ipods info, you can select which playlists you want to put on it, etc)

then click "Enable Disk Use"

Then:
My computer
Ipod (should be like a drive now)
Set your computer to show hidden folders
"Ipod_Control"
"Music"

In here you will see things titled "F01, F02, F03, etc" This is your music.

If you go into those files it will looks like gibberish, with names like VIHS etc. But if you just copy past all these files into your itunes the majority of them should return to their old selves.

When I plug mine into my computer a dialog box asking - play using/open folder/ et cetera opens.
Open the folder and delete?

The directory structure is the database that stores all the information regarding the files.

It has nothing to do with the actual files themselves, which will stay intact on the iPod's hard drive.

Back