How do left handed gamers cope?

Milk-Man

Veteran XX
Does it trigger you that games don't allow you to play as a lefty? This seems very insensitive and is probably really hurting many people. What about the lefties?

I used to play quake and doom 95 lefty. I just didn't know any better and I was 8 years old. It just made more sense to me. Then again mouse only moved your player around then. It doesn't really matter since the keys and mouse can be re mapped. I'm sure its not that different from anyone using their right hand to aim. They probably do remap the movement keys to 8456 on the number pad. Probably gives them faster access to other binds too.

By using the mouse in our right hands and applying dexterity from our left hands to mobility controls. A few years ago I tried to switch back to left hand mouse and right hand keyboard. But my right hand just couldn't navigate me as well and there aren't enough mappable keys on the right side of the keyboard.

Last edited:
You could switch your weapon around in Unreal Tournament. Which is one of the many reasons it is a superior game to Quake.

Ima right-handed gamer, batter, and golfer, and *certain other things* but lefty at everything else.

By using the mouse in our right hands and applying dexterity from our left hands to mobility controls. A few years ago I tried to switch back to left hand mouse and right hand keyboard. But my right hand just couldn't navigate me as well and there aren't enough mappable keys on the right side of the keyboard.

this, essentially.

hi i'm a lefty. i do not change my controls in games besides needing to have y axis inverted.

i do not know if this correlates to all lefties but i cant play a fps or use any camera in a game and not have look inversion enabled

There probably is a correlation between dyslexia and left-handed people.

I've always played right handed. I didn't even think about it. I play guitar right handed as well. But I do most everything else left. Shrug.

I wonder how many left-handed games who use the mouse right-handed can also write with their right-hand. Because I cannot. :(

Back