how do i uninstall windows messenger?

advisory

Veteran X
or, at the very least, keep it from opening everytime windows boots up.

removing it from startup in msconfig does nothing.

It kept opening for me insted of MSN, so i just kept toggling both on and off from starting up in its options and msconfig and eventually windows messenger fucked off and stopped opening :shrug:

its hard dude, i swear they should get sued for doing that, and with windowsplaya

e-monopoly++

msn messenger and windows messenger are both the same. To completely disable it at start up msconfig won't work, you have to go into the options for the actual program, tell it not to start at start up, and then disable it in msnconfig.

Wow you guys are retarded.

Did you ever try, omgomg, Add/Remove programs!?!?! Click Add/Remove Windows Components once you're there and find Windows Messenger.

Last edited:
Dark|Dragon said:
Wow you guys are retarded.

Did you ever try, omgomg, Add/Remove programs!?!?! Click Add/Remove Windows Components once you're there and find MSN Messenger.

Did you even read the thread title?

Go into the Control Panel. From there, go into Administrative tools, then into Services. Scroll down the list until you see "Messenger" and set the Startup Type to "Disabled".

*JohnnyBlaze* said:
Did you even read the thread title?

Yes.

winmess.jpg

Yeah I probably shouldn't have said MSN Messenger in my post, but Windows Messenger = MSN Messenger.

Last edited:
Back