How about those video games, huh?

nice. how many frames are you getting?

a local shop has some 3090's on the shelves, but i'm trying to resist the impulse buy and wait it out until the 3080ti comes to market.

do you have vr? have you noticed big performance gains in vr games on the 3090?
i havent actually checked but thats a product of it running buttery smooth on ultra settings @ 1440p ultrawide. ive yet to have any stutters or drops or anything. next time i fire it up i'll check.

also no VR atm. maybe next year. i'm not super interested in doing it but there are a few titles i would like to grab w it. ive got a 35" ultrawide so it feels like sitting in a movie theater as is.

That's great, but did you fuck them?

ALL I DO IS FUCK PLANETS

i havent actually checked but thats a product of it running buttery smooth on ultra settings @ 1440p ultrawide. ive yet to have any stutters or drops or anything. next time i fire it up i'll check.

also no VR atm. maybe next year. i'm not super interested in doing it but there are a few titles i would like to grab w it. ive got a 35" ultrawide so it feels like sitting in a movie theater as is.

ALL I DO IS FUCK PLANETS

How do you find the ultrawide for office type apps?
(easy - you just look in front of you :rofl:)

I usually use twin monitors which are super easy to snap a program to each screen, not sure how nicely they will play with a super wide curved one ...

The opposite of what happened with Elite Dangerous.

Braben mapped out a 10-year plan to release a basic-but-playable game mode built on a massive sandbox universe with a codebase that would allow them to add major gameplay mechanics as they went, provided the game (and its modest cosmetic store) was even moderately successful.

What is even nicer is Elite is soon adding get out and walk around to the game which is going to be very cool once they add environments, wildlife etc. Will hopefully turn into a planet based fps with you able to drop from troop ships and whatnot. They could do a battle royale deathmatch type thing with planet naming rights going to the victor :)

Game is the same thing over and over x1000000 but still, it just keeps delivering, especially if you dig exploration just for the sake of it :bigthumb:

For some reason now I want to play freespace again

Or allegiance, that game is fun af

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

zbb4uXB.jpg

How do you find the ultrawide for office type apps?
(easy - you just look in front of you :rofl:)

I usually use twin monitors which are super easy to snap a program to each screen, not sure how nicely they will play with a super wide curved one ...

honestly at first it was a pain in the ass but after a week or so it became normal

really nice to run programs side by side and not have to scroll

thx, I'm srsly thinking of getting one but the wife isn't keen b/c she is the one who does actual real work on it and not just shitposting and games. Wish I could test drive one

I just read that a lot of these monitors have built in hardware trickery that you can enable to fool your PC into thinking you have two or three physical monitors attached. That way you can snap windows as if there are actual bezels between them.

Wonder how well that works.

I'm gonna get one and finally buy some flight pedals as well.

I can finally put my EdTracker to some good use

So, I managed to get the series X delivered and setup for my kid. I didn't get one for myself. Maybe later. However, it shipped on time like clockwork. Setting it up was a snap. Even the SSD plugged in without reformatting or messing around. They used a QR code into the phone app and it was entirely painless. First impressions - a really nice console. I feel for the Sony peeps and the bad rep about backwards compatibility etc. MS did a good job on this one. The load times are so awesome compared to the Xbox One. GTA V loaded in a few seconds. Typically a 4 minute wait.

I looked at my boy, who is turning 19 this month. I said "Do you hear that?" I held my hand up to my ear. I said "The unfathomable sadness of all the kids crying about not having one yet". I love being a dad :)

Things are going to be hard to get for the holidays. Hopefully they meet demand and get many more into the hands of the eager COVID kids who have been waiting for this and the new games. Next, I will need to get him a TV / monitor that does the card justice.

i turned on fps counter
during takeoff and landing when im lower to the ground it averages between 30 in a big city/metro area and 45 in a landing strip in the middle of nowhere
at altitude it usually sits between 55 and 65

also yes val it is fucking gorgeous
its how im taking vacations during chinavirus time

i turned on fps counter

during takeoff and landing when im lower to the ground it averages between 30 in a big city/metro area and 45 in a landing strip in the middle of nowhere

at altitude it usually sits between 55 and 65

also yes val it is fucking gorgeous

its how im taking vacations during chinavirus time
How do you not get bored during the hour+ long flights on autopilot?

Back