Horde mage LF raiding guild

cacophobia

Veteran XX
Hey guys, I'm posting here for a couple reasons... one, my realm doesn't have very much high-level raid competition so I'd like to transfer, and two, it's a smoother transition to get in with guys you know and maybe someone here knows me and can vouch for me ... if not, I'll try to give a good impression of what I'm like and what my goals in the game are.

My background: I'm 22 years old. I play poker pretty leisurely for a living and have no other obligations of any kind, so I am able to (and do) play exorbitantly.

Character: 70 Horde Mage on Dunemaul (PvP)

Armory: The World of Warcraft Armory
I also have ~200 badges saved up to replace the boots and violet signet with new badge gear, and the blessings deck to get Darkmoon Card: Crusade when the faire comes around on Monday.

Talent Build: 11/47/3. I switch back and forth between this and 2/48/11, but I'm at 11/47/3 now to help hit the spell hit cap for spellsteal to tank Krosh and because I have found I'm running out of mana in fights that go longer than 8 minutes or so. These are pretty much the only two builds feasible for endgame raiding as far as I know, but if I need to respec for whatever reason I will.

Raiding experience: Kara, Gruul's, some ZA.

Available raid times: Anytime, any day, for however long.

Why I'm leaving my current guild: I love the people in my guild and it was a very difficult decision to leave. I hate abandoning people, but it is getting to the point where my personal ambitions with the game are exceeding where I think this guild can take me. We are currently a somewhat leisurely raiding guild that has vague plans to progress, but no real game plan to execute that progression. Most of the people in the guild play the game on the side for fun, which is fine for them but is not what I have in mind.

About me and my goals in the game: I'm very passionate and dedicated to whatever I am doing. I want to be the best mage I can possibly be. Generally I would have said I'd like to be the best mage in the world, but I realize that my having only started the game two and a half months ago may preclude me from doing so. I will do my damndest though. I theorycraft like crazy. All my gear is picked out very carefully to maximize dps, and though I have very few pieces from higher level raids I find that I am able to keep on par with or surpass people who are ostensibly more well-geared than I am. Despite the fact that I am very hard-nosed about the game, personally I am pretty easygoing. I don't like to get into fights that often, I hate guild drama, and I'm pretty patient with people and open to criticism.

Disclaimer: I realize that my having very little experience with 25-man raids may be a huge detractor, but I'm sure it is not. I am very meticulous in my planning, and before any raid or instance I study and familiarize myself with every pull, every trash mob, and every boss strategy. I watch videos and try to come up with strategies of my own. Barring something immoral, there is nothing I won't do to get a leg up on the competition. In addition, my gear is currently on par with TK/SSC drops, and the only pieces I need out of T5 are off Vashj and in ZA.

That's all I can think of for now. If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask or pm me. Thanks for reading.

Well I gotta say I'm impressed by your post. Its a shame the "TW" horde guild doesn't presently need mages. With this post and if this attitude isnt bullshit along w the gear you presently have I dont doubt you couldnt get into a top raiding guild on your current server.

how far is the TW guild? and what do you need ;o
They just started raiding 25s about 5(??) weeks ago, I've only raided a week and a half with them.

They're:

SSC: 5/6 (Vashj phase2 learning, but haven't been back since my first week raiding with them)
TK: 3/4 (haven't tried Kael'Thas yet)
Mag/Gruul/Kara/ZA: Farm mode, though we could be doing a lot more ZA to gear people up.
Hyjal: 2/5, should be 3/5 next time in there. First trip to Hyjal was this last week where RWC was a 1shot and Anetheron should've been but we 2shot it.
BT: 0/9, will be 3/9 by month's end I think.

Only issue with them is a few raiding members are sporting blues and heroic gear, others with arena gear lacking pve stats but like I said this is after only maybe 6 weeks of raiding together. If you have a shaman of any spec though there's a definite need for them (a lot of raids only have 1-2 shaman, everyone knows 4+ is ideal).

We started in 25 mans at the beginning of Jan, we were only doing Gruuls for the first few weeks to get a feel for who would make it and how our setup would work. First week of Feb we went in TK and killed VR and then tried Al'ar, the next week we started working on SSC, once we had 2 tanks with resist gear progress in SSC went better and by the second week in march we were killing everything in SSC except Vashj.

In the last week we did part of SSC (our one tank with gear for Hydross wasn't around) 3 bosses in TK, killed mag for the first time just for the sake of doing it and went in hyjal and killed 2 bosses.

WoW Web Stats gave me the info for the time of everything.

Not having raiding experience for 25 mans seems to mean shit all from what we have done, we have a couple people with experience right up to BT and they give us a brief description of the fight then we go in and do it, only boss that has given us problems is Vashj, for the rest it has taken from 1-3 attempts to down them for the first time.

In 25 mans the raid is made up of around 20 tribes players, which is very impressive to have pay play game pull in that many TW people and make real progress.

Last edited:
I'm one of the 3 mages in StK. Probably the least active amongst our mages too, because I really like to just go out and try and enjoy myself on the weekends, and I have some other random stuff that pops up from time to time. I can't remember the last time more than one of our mages missed a weekday raid though, and we usually run 3 mages when we'd rather run with 2 anyway.

I have been frost for a while since I was doing a lot of PvP/PvE and wanted a spec to do both with. I'm kind of jaded on the whole PvP thing though, thinking about just hanging up the frost as soon as I can get a new chest/offhand.

<-- UD priest with +2100 healing, currently imp divine spirit raid build LF guild also, as long as you aren't to hardcore and raid 5 nights a week (I like tues/thurs myself).

Experienced all of TK/SSC (including vash and kael), rage in hyjal, and the first 2 bosses in BT (and some of those annoying trash pulls)

edit- could possibly go shadow, working on the new badge mainhand, then i should be over +1k shadow np

Last edited:
I totally feel you about the guild situation. We are slowly getting into ZA and SSC. I've invested quite a lot to get my Mage the best DPS/gear as possible and I'm ready for progress. Im hoping we can get the ball rolling but I dunno there are a lot of idiots in my guild. Good luck, hopefully a good guild will pick you up.

I'm sure an almost all tribes raiding guild will tear shit up.

My comment is directed more at the way people from TW all get into a game and start a guild or team and within a couple of weeks most people stopped playing or don't want to play with the TW people that are part of that guild or team and it all falls apart.

yeah, stupid people piss me off

the 2nd boss in BT is so easy, but people run the wrong way like fucking idjots

what server are you guys uno? and guild name, i'll create a lvl 1 dude and ask about it

Because they're gamers and know what the fuck's up. That's the problem with being in a casual raiding guild. 'Regular' people suck so fucking bad.

Every game I've played with TW'ers has confirmed this. Some of our COD4 players were sickenly good, to the point a full tw group would have the other side logging.

The guild I'm in is one of the best on our server (not sure of the progression info) but we still have a ton of casuals who aren't pro.

I was pretty stoked to get in a guild like this when I hit 70 but the crappy thing is the only raid I get into is gruuls (which is on farm) all the others I have sit behind Hunters who have all epic gear and more experience.

Back