Holy Fuk Tom Clancy: The Division

skysnipe

Contributor
Veteran X

MMO Shooter, looks fucking awesome.

Though it’s a role-playing game first and foremost, The Division also draws from the hardcore survivalism of Day Z or The Last of Us -- when your sleeper agent awakens, their belongings include just three days of food, water, and supplies. After that, you’re on your own for ammo and weapons, scouring logical locations for the right things. Need ammo? Check the police station -- but odds are its occupied by gangs that run rampant throughout the city. Maybe they’re thugs, desperate scavengers, or the KKK.

First few reactions have puzzled me. I'ma investigate this.

OK, after watching that vid and reading a bit I think this does look pretty fucking awesome. I would (always) prefer stuff like this on the PC but since MS have fucked the XBox and PSs were always better for m + kb it's games like this that could still cause me to buy a console.

Last edited:
The fact that this is NOT slated to come out on PC is utter fail. Can't wait to wrestle needlessly with a controller trying to kill NPC cops, say fuck it and give up like the dude in the trailer and use an insta-kill "ability".

Also, lets not forget that since this is E3, there's about a 50/50 chance that's a prerendered vid, and those are definitely just actors voices, which makes me even more skeptical. http://i.imgur.com/WL1ZCqn.jpg

Everyone forgets just how quick publishers are to release doctored footage under the guise of "ZOMGNEXTGEN"

Why is this so appealing to people? That's just generic co-op multiplayer gameplay, the same type that games have been doing for years. Enter dungeon, kill enemies, open chest, repeat.

Big deal...?

Why is this so appealing to people? That's just generic co-op multiplayer gameplay, the same type that games have been doing for years. Enter dungeon, kill enemies, open chest, repeat.

Big deal...?

Because it's a shooter with shooter PvP.

The gunplay did disappoint me though, and of course, no PC release. NYC looks awesome.

In all likelyhood it will be a very dumbed down and sped up version of Day Z but with the same basic gameplay concepts. It will also be prettier and have a less rage inducing UI. To make up for this, you will have to fumble your way around the world w/ a game controller instead of mouse & keyboard.

And PC gamers were just beginning to get over the Day Z infatuation too.

There's no way a mass market game comes out that's as hardcore as Day Z (which isn't even THAT hardcore (ps. i told you I was hardcore)).

The thing I believe that really made Day Z was the permadeath and looting. Really gives it a whole different vibe than a deathmatch sort of game. If this game doesn't have a system like that, it won't be as special as people think it will be.

The fact that this is NOT slated to come out on PC is utter fail. Can't wait to wrestle needlessly with a controller trying to kill NPC cops, say fuck it and give up like the dude in the trailer and use an insta-kill "ability".

Also, lets not forget that since this is E3, there's about a 50/50 chance that's a prerendered vid, and those are definitely just actors voices, which makes me even more skeptical. http://i.imgur.com/WL1ZCqn.jpg

Everyone forgets just how quick publishers are to release doctored footage under the guise of "ZOMGNEXTGEN"

king sperg

Back