Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy

WarAngel

Veteran X
Has anyone seen anything about this? I saw a trailer at the movies, but no scenes....

I hope it is going to be good, but I fear the worst.

The actor that plays Tim on The Office is going to be Arthur Dent and Mos Def is going to be Ford Prefect....but I am still afraid.

It is about a guy who hitches a ride off the earth because he finds out his best friend is really an alien who writes for an intergalactic guide to the galaxy who was trapped on earth for a while....hilarity ensues.

WarAngel said:
It is about a guy who hitches a ride off the earth because he finds out his best friend is really an alien who writes for an intergalactic guide to the galaxy who was trapped on earth for a while....hilarity ensues.

Technically he hitches a ride off Earth because Earth was slated for destruction to make way for a new hyper-galactic highway. Dent, being the usual naive Earthling, wasn't prepared for it despite the fact that the plans for the constuction were publicly available in the hall of hyper-galactic records.

(BTW if you think that makes me sound nerdy, wait a few posts for someone to come along and correct me on the actual name of the place where the records were available)

Action/Adventure, Comedy and Science Fiction/Fantasy
Earthman Arthur Dent is having a very bad day. His house is about to be bulldozed, he discovers that his best friend is an alien and to top things off, Planet Earth is about to be demolished to make way for a hyperspace bypass. Arthur's only chance for survival: hitch a ride on a passing spacecraft. For the novice space traveler, the most astonishing adventure in the universe begins when the world ends. Arthur sets out on a journey in which he finds that nothing is as it seems: he learns that a towel is just the most useful thing in the universe, finds the meaning of life, and discovers that everything he needs to know can be found in one book: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Yes several years ago I picked up the trilogy hardback at a book closeout sale for $10. Read it 4 times, even though I read the individual books probably that many times before.

Lost the book in a move awile back :(

Back