[Hero] I saved a dog today

Hive_Tyrant

Clambaked5
Veteran XV
A buddy of mine was storing some weights in a container on an old shipping yard where he used to work. He asked me to go with him to load them up and move them to his garage.

When we got to the container yard we heard a dog raising hell. As we got closer we saw what had happened.

The yard has a 12' barbed wire fence around it. About 2' behind that was a heavy duty electric fence. The dog, a golden pit bull about 2-3 years old, was inside the yard and had tried to jump through the electric fence. It got hung half way across and the pulsing current must have disabled its hind legs. It was stuck, pulling 4 or 5 of the wires down under its rear legs. No telling how long it had been that way. If we got even close to it, it went even more insane, biting the wires and electrocuting the shit out of itself.

We figured it was a 'yard dog' so we called the owner of the yard. He said he didn't have a dog and it must have been a stray. He also said that cutting off the fence would set off an alarm (and cost them money if it was a false). We approached the dog and it started going crazy, biting and trashing around. We decided it was too dangerous to pull this teeth machine off the wire by hand.

After a few minutes we called the police. They said to call Animal Control. Animal Control said they wouldn't be out for at least 24 hours (maybe more).

I couldn't leave the dog like that. I hunted around the yard till I found a graphite pole, a left over from the electric fence construction. I went outside the fence (so she wouldn't eat my ass off when she got loose) and ran the poll in high on the chain-link fence. The dog started eating the hell out of the pole. I slipped it under her body after a few tries and flipped her off the wires. She ran off into the yard.

We chased her around a bit and managed to run her out the front gate, and hopefully home.

Cliffs:
Went to a container yard to help a friend
Dog was stuck in an electric fence
I saved its doggy life
I am an hero

I Obamacare

No, really. Congratulations.

And on a side note, I am now popping a bottle of red wine....so beware

dogs arent people

you can be a real hero by donating $1 a day to help provide medicine for children dying of water borne illnesses in sub saharan africa

Back