help with accessing secured sites/AIM

MrFuji

Veteran X
hey to all you smart tech people ;]

i just got back from school for spring break, and my home computer is acting all messed up...i can't sign on to AIM, i get the "The AIM Service cannot be reached" error box.

as for the internet...i can access normal sites like espn.com and cnn.com, but when i try checking my email or loging into any type of online account where i have to provide a login and password, i get an error that says "Could not connect to remote server http://express.cites.uiuc.edu" i use Opera web browser by the way, and i tried using both mozilla and internet explorer and i can't access these sites with those browsers either..

my ISP told me my internet is fine and its some kind of problem with my computer and told me to call the computer company...so i called compaq and i got stuck with a stupid bitch who didnt know what the fuck she was talking about and couldnt help me either...

im hoping one of the many smart guys on this forum might know something that can help me....if not i guess my only option is just to reformat but i have a lot of stuff saved on this comp and i'd like reformatting to be my very last option...so yeah...any help would be awesome.

thanks guys

edit[specs]:

compaq presario
2.4ghz
512 DDR SDRAM pc2700
windows XP home

Last edited:
Could be adware and spyware. Run a scan with MS adware beta tool or one of the other programs to get rid of it and that might solver your problem.

Back