[Help] Web domains and hosting?

Phrozen

Veteran XX
My parents are looking to make a webpage to rent our house in the bahamas... and what better way to do so then the internet.

So being that a lot of you know a lot more then me about this topic i figure i would open the floor to suggestions...

I really know next to nothing about hosting so if you have any ideas/advice/tips please post them.

Im not gonna need a whole lot of bandwidth/space... its probably not even going to be more then 1 hit a day and mostly by me fixing it up... guess i should specify its basically going to be word of mouth for this website... just so guests can see pictures and the island...

serverseed looks more along my stepdads price range...

im trying to think about how much bandwidth would be used with the pictures... he really wants to load it with pictures of the house... (at least 20 i know of) then he wants me to schnaz it up some...

I thought I wouldn't use the bandwidth when I first started. Then I shot roller coaster videos with my camera, put them on my page, a news site linked to it, and poof, I had used up 65 gigs in 1 day. Ty helped me out in return for putting his link on my site.

It's nice having lots of space to upload personal pictures and videos of concerts.

Go with a standard package, you can make side pages off your main site for your personal stuff.

Violent said:
something along those lines and then if not just add reller before or after... im tryin to figure out how to register the domain? if i go through serverseed do they do it for me?

Yes we register domains, $9.95 for a year's registration or free if you choose one of the larger plans.

If you just need space for pictures and stuff, our basic php5 developer plan would do the job for you. $41 for a year after the php5 coupon code. It's cheaper than the standard hosting plans and the only difference is it's running very new versions of php/mysql intended for developers who want a site that can double as a testbed for php scripts.

im no web developer... only basic html/dreamweaver skill im not looking to make a fancy website... just a main page with a description, a pictures page and a contact page.

ok... i'm not really understanding the dreamhosting offer... and would much rather deal with someone like you rather then some random one.

Back