[help] fantasy football trade

Jasp

Veteran XV
So I have a rookie in my league that is getting anxious after losing his first game and putting up the second least points. He's ready to change everything. The league is a little skewed towards receptions, but not anything serious. Therefore it helps people like Marion Barber.

Here's the offer he gave me:

I GET:

Terrell Owens
Marques Colston
Santana Moss
Laurence Maroney

HE GETS:

Marvin Harrison
Andre Johnson
Marion Barber III

I like this but I'm cautious to pull the trigger. Owens is a tiny, tiny downgrade from Harrison. Colston is a tiny, tiny downgrade from Johnson. Maroney is an upgrade from Barber, although nobody is sure what kind of season he's going to have.

So with the Maroney questions, I made a counter offer:

I GET:

Terrell Owens
Marques Colston
Rudi Johnson
Santana Moss

HE GETS:

Marvin Harrison
Andre Johnson
Devery Henderson
Marion Barber III

He will probably accept this. Should I go through with it? Seems like a better deal for me, but I am giving up two of the best receivers in the game here.

who are your other RBs? It seems like you're giving up too much, especially if receptions are worth more. It would only make sense if you're making up for a gaping hole at RB

i dunno thats a tough one...T.O will put up major numbers this year without Parcels and Romo finally has someone to throw to besides witten

his RB's: Maroney, Rudi, Julius Jones

my RB's: Steven Jackson, (#2 was Brandon Jacobs), Thomas Jones

why didn't you just pick up the giants backup on waivers this week?

I don't know, i don't think i'd do it if i were you, receivers have such volatility that I wouldn't want to give up 2 very good to great receivers so that you could get TO's good days. You'll probably win more with Marvin and Johnson's consistency.

who are your other RBs? It seems like you're giving up too much, especially if receptions are worth more. It would only make sense if you're making up for a gaping hole at RB

They are worth more, but it's not like the focus of the league. 0.5 points per reception. That just means RB's like Reggie Bush, Brian Westbrook, and LT will probably get around 6 catches a game, so +3 points.

i dunno thats a tough one...T.O will put up major numbers this year without Parcels and Romo finally has someone to throw to besides witten

Yeah Witten was great last year :rofl:

750 yds 1 TD....

The fact that Glenn is out will up TO's stats this year, but alot of Glenn's production could be split between Witten, Crayton, and Hurd.

But TO seems like he has his head on straight this season, from everything I have seen.

why didn't you just pick up the giants backup on waivers this week?

I don't know, i don't think i'd do it if i were you, receivers have such volatility that I wouldn't want to give up 2 very good to great receivers so that you could get TO's good days. You'll probably win more with Marvin and Johnson's consistency.

i picked up ward 5mins after jacobs went down :X with him and manning out this mfer will get some carries

also teddy look at this pic :X
2001131688603611475_rs.jpg

Its a Dr.Supey Special :X

i picked up ward 5mins after jacobs went down :X with him and manning out this mfer will get some carries

also teddy look at this pic :X
2001131688603611475_rs.jpg

Its a Dr.Supey Special :X

Against a stout GB defense, who are great against the run.

Yeah Witten was great last year :rofl:

750 yds 1 TD....

The fact that Glenn is out will up TO's stats this year, but alot of Glenn's production could be split between Witten, Crayton, and Hurd.

But TO seems like he has his head on straight this season, from everything I have seen.

did u fucking see last game, it was the only guy he was throwing to :X Til T.O. in the second half but that was it

Sorry, this statement confused me. It seemed like you were saying Romo only used to focus on Witten under Parcells. But now that Parcells is gone, TO will put up big numbers.

That's one of the reasons I wanted TO. I can see him being the #1 receiver this year. I had him last year and he put up some awesome numbers even with all his problems. 13 TD's with, what was it, broken fingers in his hand? Subtract out Terry Glenn, and I see Owens getting 16+ TD's.

On the contrary, I see Harrison putting up the same numbers he does every year: 1200-1300 yards, 11-13 TD's. Reggie Wayne's stats keep going up.

i was trying to say that Tony Romo felt stressed by Parcels to spread the ball and not go long to T.O.

Anyway, the biggest part of this trade, to me, is basically a straight-up swap Marion Barber(~25th RB) for Rudi Johnson(~7th RB).

Anyway, the biggest part of this trade, to me, is basically a straight-up swap Marion Barber(~25th RB) for Rudi Johnson(~7th RB).

Rudi is gonna have a good year, if healthy. The main threats to his carries are either gone or injured (Perry, Irons), really he only has Watson behind him. He saw a good amount of targets in week 1, so that has to encourage you, because he doesn't have a history of getting many receptions or receiving yards.

Plus Cinci is a great offense, and he will get goal line carries.

And his playoff schedule is money...

12/9/2007 St. Louis 1:00pm
12/15/2007 @San Francisco 8:15pm
12/23/2007 Cleveland 1:00pm
12/30/2007 @Miami 1:00pm

Only downside is that Cinci's D is so bad, that they can get away from running the ball.

But all in all, you know what you are getting out of Rudi, 1200+Yds and 10+ Tds

Back