[Help] Counter-Strike Crashing

JestrzPlague

Veteran XV
Just reinstalled CS after losing hope in T:V, getting Bored with EVE-Online, and almost puking from boredom in WC3:FT. But, it seems there's something terribly wrong, aside from the fact I actually put CS on my computer... heh

Well, each time I try to join a game, CS crashes to the CS GUI within a minute or so. I've got steam and what not. Known bug?

PC:
Geforce 6800 Ultra
AMD A64 3400+
1GB PC3200

Could be a gfx driver issue. Make sure you have the latest driver. I know I got like .5fps before I upgraded my driver and now i get like in the 40s. It could also be a bad install did you buy game at the store or download through steam?

Do you have the most up-to-date drivers?
edit: also all that happens is it just quits straight to the menu?

It crashes to the main CS screen where you've got the two Counter Terrorists with guns and the blue background.

I can't find new OpenGL drivers for my PNY Geforce 6800 Ultra, but I'm pretty sure it's not a video error. It's a new machine.

Could be bad ram. Your ram starts to warm up to the regular usage, then puts out after some real stress. Had the same prob at some heavily graphical parts in DoD classic. When I went over to FFO (waay better graphics) it'd always started crashing.

It could either be your mem in your gfx card, or your main sys mem. My guess is sys mem if it does it after a while.

If the game has been playing fine in games with a lower graphical demand, yet all the flashier newer games are dropping you to desktop, then the above is my best prognosis.

No no, I am not saying per say its anything "wrong" with your machine it just needs better drivers, http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_66.93 will get you the newest nvidia drivers which may solve the problem, maybe not. When i installed those drivers it did not acctually update my drivers it just unpacked them. So you then need to update your drivers. If you don't know how to do that I will explain.

haniblecter said:
Could be bad ram. Your ram starts to warm up to the regular usage, then puts out after some real stress. Had the same prob at some heavily graphical parts in DoD classic. When I went over to FFO (waay better graphics) it'd always started crashing.

It could either be your mem in your gfx card, or your main sys mem. My guess is sys mem if it does it after a while.

If the game has been playing fine in games with a lower graphical demand, yet all the flashier newer games are dropping you to desktop, then the above is my best prognosis.
its not dropping him to the desktop so this probably isnt that case.

i kinda like it so i don't have to load the fucking game up again if I wanna switch to a different server.

haniblecter said:

His problem has nothing to do with RAM

Back