Helicopter Crash in FL

exceleration

Veteran XV
I went running by the bay this morning. I come back home, and I start reading bbc news. The first article I clicked on happened nearby where I was running apparently. I hardly ever click on these kind of articles. I'm turning into a psychic bitches.
It was foggy as fuck. I could see maybe 50 yards out in the bay.

BBC News - Eleven missing after US army helicopter crash in Florida

I would think navigational systems in a helicopter could compensate for fog fairly easily. I have no clue about the equipment they use, but it looks like the fog won today. :(

Last edited:
I went running by the bay this morning. I come back home, and I start reading bbc news. The first article I clicked on happened nearby where I was running apparently. I hardly ever click on those kind of articles. I'm turning into a psychic bitches.
It was foggy as fuck. I could see maybe 50 yards out in the bay.

BBC News - Eleven missing after US army helicopter crash in Florida

I would think navigational systems in a helicopter could compensate for fog fairly easily. I have no clue about the equipment they use, but it looks like the fog won today. :(

that kind of shit is expensive

i know from my extensive experience of playing arma games that the vast majority of flying helicopters are 30 years old and held together w/ scotch tape

I'm in Destin. Can confirm that the fog is extremely intense. Couldn't see more than 50 ft this morning.

Shit happens in training :/

Deployed twice to combat zones. zero casualties.

in the workups for those deployments i knew personally, 4 people killed, in 3 separate incidents.

its a risky business.

Back