Heart Surgery = Success!

UPDATE:

It's 4:40 Eastern, We went up this morning about 10:00, he was groggy still, but they had him sitting up, they had already walked him 2 times today, he was off the vent but still on the chest tubes, they had him eating some jello and drinking some chicken broth. So we left because he was going in and out of sleep.

So 1:00 PM we went back up there, he was sitting in the chair, but this time they had him eating a big meal, a porkchop, sweet potatos, bread, applesauce and the works, drinking 2 cups of decaf tea. He ate everything. They had removed the chest tubes and all of the IV's except the pain killer, and some things to protect against infection, and clots. He wasn't making much sense, kind of blabbering about family, but he did know us.

He looked down and had discovered he had a cath in, so when he looked down he goes "My pecker's gone!" jokingly, but it was still something he wouldn't say normally, so mom told him to put the cath down, and he was like "Put my pecker down?" lol it was funny....

Anyway, be going up later to see what he's up to.....

Thanks for the Congrats :)

Dude, if I were on that much medication for pain, I would wonder where my pecker was, too.

Get well soon, dude's dad.

Grats JoMo. Hope everything from here on is Uphill.

Wish my Mom would've had gone to the doctors more offten :(
Stubborn old woman.

Another Update:

He continues to do well and eat like a horse, he has a small temperature of 99.6 and some inflamation though. They say it's pretty normal, one of his IV's is anti-infection so they think he'll do fine. They are looking to move him out on the regular cardio floor later tonight possibly. He keeps up his stories and saying they cut his pecker off everytime he looks, lol..

So I be headed back up there, maybe for most of the night :-|

Back