Head Transplants

Varnish

Veteran XV
Saw this on Monster Quest last night. The show was mostly about the possibility Stalin was trying to breed an Ape Man army but later in the show they had video footage of this White character dinking with a monkey who had just had its head transplanted to another body. Disturbing. It never really occurred to me that somebody could have done this with some success. Science Fiction stuff.

Robert J. White - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
BBC News | HEALTH | Frankenstein fears after head transplant

If your body was failing, would you choose to live on with your head attached to the paralyzed body of a donor? What if you attached an 80yr old's head to a 20 yr old body - how long could it live like that? Man head on woman body?

Heck, what about keeping your brain alive only, a thinking entity with no body to express itself. Hitler's brain in a jar anybody?

Okay, okay. So, say I put my brain in a robot body and there's a war. Robots versus humans. What side am I on?

Okay, okay. So, say I put my brain in a robot body and there's a war. Robots versus humans. What side am I on?

well you can side with the robots at the start but after they crush the humans they'll figure out who the half-robots are and destroy you.

is it me or does this sentence not make sense

(from the bbc article)

The issue of who someone who had received a head transplant would "be" is extremely complicated, said Professor Rose.

It appears that so far all this guy has done is keep a head alive on another body for a little while. He didn't really do a head/brain transplant in what people would think, he just hooked up the blood vessels and used the other body as an engine or something.

amyfry.jpg

It appears that so far all this guy has done is keep a head alive on another body for a little while. He didn't really do a head/brain transplant in what people would think, he just hooked up the blood vessels and used the other body as an engine or something.

The monkey was looking around and stuff. I don't know much about it beyond the links/vid but it seemed like it had some basic functions and that was with technology 40yrs ago. I'd guess that if you were a kazillionaire and had some ethic-less doctor you could have your head stuck on a donor and live a while longer.

The monkey was looking around and stuff. I don't know much about it beyond the links/vid but it seemed like it had some basic functions and that was with technology 40yrs ago. I'd guess that if you were a kazillionaire and had some ethic-less doctor you could have your head stuck on a donor and live a while longer.

Well, considering we don't know how to repair nerves, I don't think you would have much fun with a useless body, you could still give blow jobs I guess.

main problem is spinal cord wont reconnect

also the main reason people become paralyzed

if we ever figure that out then we can worry about head transplants

Back