Head gasket

AJ explain to me one more time why you didn't get a more affordable, more reliable, more fuel efficient car?

Because I knew I would regret not getting the car I wanted. And I was just so fucking right, I am so glad I ignored every single person I asked for advice.

Labor is a bitch on head gaskets.

While he's in there get your money's worth. Ask about the cost of a rebuild and a few basic part replacements such as the timing belt/chain, for example.

BTW, a high-end head gasket is about $30.

I'm glad I work at an auto shop. I haven't paid anything close to full price on auto repair in YEARS.

$800 isn't THAT bad either. Had a guy in today who needed head gaskets on his newer Dodge Ram 1500. I gave him an estimate of close to $2000. The job calls for 9+ hours of labor, lol. Trying to talk him into just putting a reman engine in it.

The beauty of a inline engine. :D

Tune up takes me well less then a hour. Head gasket is pretty straight foward as well.

My bmw is easier to work on then my 5.4 triton f150.

I'm glad I work at an auto shop. I haven't paid anything close to full price on auto repair in YEARS.

$800 isn't THAT bad either. Had a guy in today who needed head gaskets on his newer Dodge Ram 1500. I gave him an estimate of close to $2000. The job calls for 9+ hours of labor, lol. Trying to talk him into just putting a reman engine in it.

more than $200/hour? most highly paid consultants in the software business get paid around $100/hour and they actually had to go to college and than have 10-20 years of experience before they could earn that much. auto repair shops are a total rip-off. just because it takes a long time doesn't mean you can rip people off.

more than $200/hour? most highly paid consultants in the software business get paid around $100/hour and they actually had to go to college and than have 10-20 years of experience before they could earn that much. auto repair shops are a total rip-off. just because it takes a long time doesn't mean you can rip people off.

It's $80 an hour in my area, and the rest of your post is just retarded. My buddy was consulting out of high school for $100/hour, but he is good.

You're making the wrong argument, auto service and network service are practically the same business. Not that you sound too familiar with the IT business either.

Is it a ripoff? It depends how much you like walking, in my estimation.

But as everyone should know, i suck with money. I don't really care how much it costs, I am just glad I can afford it at all (on credit).

Last edited:
$1120 for head gasket, mill the block, install front pads, install this fucked up cabin pre-filter, reset my suspension, and fix the key scratches. Not bad.

Back