Hawaii

Tike[JAMZ]

Veteran XX
My fiance' and I are going to Hawaii for 3 weeks in June. We have all the guides, like Fodor's, lonely planet, as well as individual comprehensive island books, but i thought it would be nice to get some opinions from here also.

We are staying on Waikiki beach in Honolulu for 3 weeks. That will be our home base, but we plan to do some island hopping. We plan to spend a week on the big island, staying on the Kona beach side of the island. Probably spend 2 days at Volcano National park, do a tour to Mauna Kea, possibly a day in hilo, some snorkeling at kealakua bay, a kona coffee plantation tour, maybe a winery tour, see the artsy towns etc.. Then we plan to camp up around the Hamakua Coast near the valley of the kings.

Other than that, and the Oahu stuff, we are hearing mixed things about Maui, kauai, Lanai etc..

Any opinions, comments, tips, restaurant recommendations would be appreciated. Melissa and I are pretty outdoorsy, we plan to do a good bit of hiking, kayaking, snorkeling and diving.

Thanks, and looking foward to some of your opinions and experiences.

Went to Hawaii once and spent 10 days on Maui outside of Lahaina or whatever. Was a nice trip.

Also, fiancé' is a dude, fiancée is the girl. Pronounced the same but written differently.

if you make it to maui....go to Mala. it is just outside of lahaina right behind the cannery mall. try to get dinner around sunset and request the deck. great scenery...turtles will swim in, etc.

You will get stabbed, then raped, and then robbed of all your valuables, and then thrown in/next to a dumpster. Be warned traveler.... For I have warned you..

Whoa! Whats up Tike, long time no see! Three weeks is a long fucking time, did you hit the lottery? I haven't been but from what I have heard from others, the Bamboo forest is a must see! Have a great trip and congrats on the engagement!

maui and the big island are much more pretty than oahu

oahu will just try to take your money with stupid hawaiians wearing fake aloha skirts and wearing leaf things

opsayo, are there any parts of Hawaii that are desolate? no people in sight, where you can go back packing or anything cool like that?

opsayo, are there any parts of Hawaii that are desolate? no people in sight, where you can go back packing or anything cool like that?

on oahu not much, on the big island and maui you can go to pretty remote places just by car if not by helicopter/boat

or my basement

This dude at work had a vacatio planned in like two weeks to go to Hawaii with his new gf(They were together like maybe 2 months). She dumped him last week.

Haha.

Lot of places on the big island are like that. Apparently there's a big problem with meth shacks out on the side of mauna loa in the jungle, because there's nobody around for miles.

Maybe not the best place to go backpacking, on second thought

Back