having a bit of trouble with 1.40.655

Mattack

Veteran X
ok so i have it running fine on my laptop with an onboard intel graphics chipset, but my desktop with an ati 9600pro wont even load it up... i tried tweaking with the video settings in clientprefs.cs, no dice. any ideas?

so ATI cards won't run tribes or something? its not a huge deal i can play from the laptop but if its a fixable issue it'd be nice to have the option...

Try these yet?
config\clientprefs.cs set
Code:
$pref::VideoOpenGLMode = "Generic";
$pref::VideoWindowedDriver = "OpenGL";
$pref::VideoFullScreen = "FALSE";

The leaked 1.40.665 had some screwy settings and key binds. Not too surprising it's not working with some configurations.

actually what you might want to do is go to your graphics cards settings most people don't know this but... even IF you have things like vsync disabled in preferences it will still force vsync ON if you have a graphics card im sure ati has advanced settings n stuff for individual apps...

r86y5u.jpg

lol I'll answer that for him its a variation of my name shiftypoo shiftbutt ect. cute little nicknames people give me cause im just a harmless triber you should stop by anni every one in a while and we'll throw down some games. :D

merg double? i just realized what lemons signature is after browsing 4gifs for two hours last night lol

did this one on a request lol thought it was kinda funny :p

rcvxh3.jpg

Back