has anyone played Drakengard?

RoloS

Veteran X
The commercial looks cool, and it's by square ...

Don't OFN me - I searched for "Drakengard" and found nothing so if you get the urge to tell me to search for it, suck my balls instead

from what I saw in screenshots it looked like a dumbed down version of Drakan from a few years back.

and ffs people need to think up more original names for their dragon-based games.

i dont know what drakan is - is it more of an rpg in the final fantasy sense or like diablo?

I love square, but this game is very very questionable of even being decent.. will watch a gameplay vid or two (or rent/borrow)

RoloS said:
i dont know what drakan is - is it more of an rpg in the final fantasy sense or like diablo?

Drakan was an action adventure game with some very minor RPG elements. More like a Zelda game. Action on foot and in the air on dragon.

PorterFlounder said:
i bought it.. it's like dynasty warriors mixed with panzer dragoon

i really enjoy playing it
Well I've played Dynasty Warriors a few times and it was fun, never played Panzer Dragoon though. How's the story though?

Ixiterra said:
Well I've played Dynasty Warriors a few times and it was fun, never played Panzer Dragoon though. How's the story though?

here this excerpt from gamespot pretty much somes it up

The story of Drakengard focuses on Caim (which rhymes with "time"), who is an embittered young warrior who fights for the Union against the powerful threat known as the Empire. Early on in the game, Caim sustains a mortal injury while defending his homeland against the Empire's advances. As fate would have it, he happens upon a dying red dragon in the midst of all the carnage. Though Caim has no fondness for such creatures, the two realize that they are each other's only hope for survival. They perform a ritual, simply called a "pact," which restores them to health but ties their spirits to each other. Now, with this dragon's aid, Caim must defeat the Empire once and for all. Specifically, his priority throughout much of the game will be to defend his sister, who is apparently a goddess, from harm. Be that as it may, Drakengard boils down to Caim and his dragon companion blazing through droves of enemies.

the whole pact idea is pretty cool, you lose something and have a mark
like Caim cannot speak and has the tattooed mark on his tongue, all the other characters make pacts too and get certain pact beasts

tons of weapons and tons of cool powers for each.. dragon as a bad ass special move for attacking ground targets

if you like a lot of mindless killing with the occasional air mission (not too fond of them, but they are relatively short) then its a pretty fun game

Back