Happymod..

Maverick

Contributor
Veteran XX
I just downloaded a Manylithe's config and checked it out, and find Happymod included with it. That thread has quite a few pages to it with people saying how much they liked it etc. No where did I see someone complain that HM was being distro'd here again.

Am I the only one who gives a shit about this anymore? :hrm:

I just downloaded a Manylithe's config and checked it out, and find Happymod included with it. That thread has quite a few pages to it with people saying how much they liked it etc. No where did I see someone complain that HM was being distro'd here again.

Tribes comes with HM these days. We are living in the past and should move on or quit completely.

It's not that no one cares, it's that we've all come to realize there is no stopping it. Type in Tribes 1.4 and HappyMod into google:

happy mod tribes 1.4 - Google Search

All we can hope for these days is that people will be too ashamed to use it, because there is no other way to stop them outside of getting anti-cheat. It's so easy to get it now, that the people who are going to use the HM included in many's config are the people who already have it in the first place.

i don't use it, but it's pretty fail how "hiding behind hills and sniping enemy base" is pretty much useless now, as is any sort of cloaking beacon/packs on any mods

The Config came with the HM.dll but nothing else, meaning it wont work unless you actually download the rest of the files. It was an overlooked accident on my part, I mess with things from time to time, ( I was testing sizes of IFF's over hills/buildings and such.) My ingame screens show exactally what i play with.

It comes with netset also which most people consider cheaing too. I personally fill netset/terp/pft gives players a much larger advantage than HM can.

Last edited:
playing against cheaters doesn't bother me as much as being accused of cheating.

ppl who are most likely to cheat are the ones who do the most accusing.

nothing like being condemned by cheaters.

holdmahdick

emot-wtc.gif

i didnt dl the config or i would have said somethig

thats fucking gay manylith

Again my mistake for leaving that in there. But like i said, it wont work unless you download the rest of the happymod files. I don't play with HM and I dont want my config to be associated with HM users.

I notice that there is a toggle for hm... Why can't server hosts just whip up a script that force disables it? I've seen my config changed by other server edits so why can't that be done? Why hasn't anyone tried this?

I notice that there is a toggle for hm... Why can't server hosts just whip up a script that force disables it? I've seen my config changed by other server edits so why can't that be done? Why hasn't anyone tried this?

im not sure if a server is capable of disabling client side scripts or attachments of and kind. atleast ive never see it ne wayz

of course client side scripts CAN disable other cs scripts soooooo. in the next update just throw in a cs disable script. 93% of tribes player are too old and lazy to scan every script to justify whats right and or wrong

Back