happy white kwanza!!!!

I thought the crucifix symbolized Christ actually dying for our sins?

I dunno, always creeped me out. Of course there is the statue of Jesus standing with his arms outstretched. Think Buddy Christ.

adam and eve; man turned from god to become his own

man suffers

God redeems the world to himself by sending his only son to teach his word and be crucified at the hands of man whom he loves

Jesus rises from the grave, which is a symbol of man becoming redeemed unto god through jesus

flame on brothers

Gotchaman said:
I'm not Christian nor Jewish, actually I'm hardly a religious person.

Since it is a holiday season I see lots of Christian stuff going on TV, History channel, the movie exocist and stuff. One thing I have been wondering about Chritianity is the symbol of Christianity - crucifix.

When I see the image of Jesus staked on the cross I see nothing but pain...it is a symbol of tortures which Jews used upon JC in a brutal fashion. I understand that that's one important part of the story that leads to the climax -- JC's miracle comeback.

What I don't get is why crucifix is the symbol of Christianity? Why shouldn't it be something like a JC himself standing or something more mentally and physically healthy? and Khushi, Im not sure if you are Jewish or not, but do you dislike the crucifix because it reminds you of the fact that Jews actually beat the shit out of JC? What's your take on it?

as far as i know, its supposed to represent how he suffered for christian's sins. so i figure it makes some sense.

im not jewish. my religion is the 2nd law of thermodynamics :)

Kurayami said:
I wonder if Khushi realizes that the only thing that seperates him from the Bible thumpers that he hates so much is ideology. He exhibits the exact same behavior.

i offer society the red pill

Gotchaman said:
I'm not Christian nor Jewish, actually I'm hardly a religious person.

Since it is a holiday season I see lots of Christian stuff going on TV, History channel, the movie exocist and stuff. One thing I have been wondering about Chritianity is the symbol of Christianity - crucifix.

When I see the image of Jesus staked on the cross I see nothing but pain...it is a symbol of tortures which Jews used upon JC in a brutal fashion. I understand that that's one important part of the story that leads to the climax -- JC's miracle comeback.

What I don't get is why crucifix is the symbol of Christianity? Why shouldn't it be something like a JC himself standing or something more mentally and physically healthy? and Khushi, Im not sure if you are Jewish or not, but do you dislike the crucifix because it reminds you of the fact that Jews actually beat the shit out of JC? What's your take on it?

1 Corinthians 1:18-31
For the word of the cross is foolishness to those who are
perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. ...

Back